Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tori712

Hmm everything seemed it was going good, until

Rate this Entry
now I seem to need to eat more to feel full, and I don't like that, before about 2.5 ounces of meat would make me full where I would get that pressure, and for some odd reason this week i have been eating more like 3.5 to 4.5 ounces of food, I ate 3.5 ounces of chicken and a few pieces of broccoli that was almost an ounce and didn't get the full pressure feeling, I don't get it, and I don't know why it has suddenly changed, I am a year and a month out, and still have a considerable amount of weight to go, I am not even in the normal BMI category yet,.. so this is really bothering me, I guess I will have to try protein shakes for a few days,.. anyone else have this problem? where suddenly they aren't getting full with the same amount of food? I don't carb load a lot or anything,

Submit "Hmm everything seemed it was going good, until" to Digg Submit "Hmm everything seemed it was going good, until" to del.icio.us Submit "Hmm everything seemed it was going good, until" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hmm everything seemed it was going good, until" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It happenss to me some days and then goes back the other way. Dont stress about it, just be aware of what you are eating. I mean chicken and broccoli, no matter how many ounces, is not going to hurt you or stop you from losing. Just another part of the journey...
    My sister who had the RXNY over a year ago...I know she can eat much more now than she used to before she gets that full feeling as well. Then other days she says she has no appetite at all. Just the eb and flow of it all I guess. Just keep track of what you're eating. Good luck.
    Yes, it's all part of the journey. It's ok if you eat your 4 ounces of food. I would caution you though if you're eating constantly over the 4 ounces of real solid food. I know for liquids, soups, etc. we have a cup of something and that's ok but when real solid proteins and other foods are involved, my surgeon cautioned me to stay with the 4 ounces as much as possible. When I'm at home I always weight my food, even now at the end of my 10th month.
    I think the thing for us to be concerned about is getting sloppy and trying to "eyeball" what 4 ounces of something is. Yes there might be times we eat a bit over the 4 ounces and that's ok but not on a constant basis. I agree that eating chicken and broccoli is not a bad thing and won't cause you to gain weight or slow your weight loss down. Thank God we'll never be able to eat the amounts we did before.
    It also holds true for me that some days I can eat a full 4 ounces of protein and others just 2-3 ounces. It depends. I think the sleeve is just like that. I got with it and don't get worried unnecessarily.
    Take it each day as it comes and follow the guidelines. I think if we all do that, we'll be good to go for the rest of our lives. We won't regain the weight and lose control.
    Keep us posted.
    Thanks for all the thoughts and comments, I also weight everything I eat unless I am out. I thought about carrying a scale in my purse or car but didn't want to get pulled over and think I sell drugs, lol... I guess it is true that it wont affect my weightloss, but I didn't want to keep eating until I was full, because I do not want to over eat to stretch my stomach out, I guess I wont worry too much as long as I make sure I don't eat over 4/4.5 ounces, and I am still going to do protein shakes for the next 2 days, and see if that helps,. Thanks for the help. its good to have people to talk to.
    Tori, I find that not all proteins sit the same in my tummy too. I agree with what the others say about ebb & flow but pork, beef and eggs sit like a rock down there whereas fish and chicken I seem to be able to eat more of. Have you noticed this at all?
    I can eat alot more chx,pork and fish, and seem to digest faster, I notice I don't stay full as long, but yeah beef and eggs I normally eat less and can last longer before eating again, (well eggs I guess i don't eat less because I eat 2 eggs and it weighs about 4 ounces)
    Eating more as time goes by is normal.. Eat healthy.. i always tell people to stop worrying about measuring so much and getting certain ounces. just eat and stop when full. its really easy