Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Jewel and ladybugplus

Leave Comment

4 Visitor Messages

1. Ohhh I dunno about.. obedient. lol. It's been nearly two years for me now and I have definitely slipped on the rigid rules I once had for myself. But it is forever a learning process. I still say that if you stick to your basics ..( like protein first!) you will be successful and healthy. Your sleeve will make you successful regardless, it's up to you to remain healthy
    Feel free to send along any questions you have, I know how overwhelming all of this is in the beginning!
    And please tell Brooke I said hello!
  2. Hi Jewel,
    I can see by your example that your a very obedient patient. Your attitude, your weightloss results & devotion to make this your new lifestyle
    show how dedicated you are. You have described Brooke to a T. She is very encouraging as well as thorough in explaining step by step the correct
    way to eat. She has a positive personality much like you do. Thanks for the truth and the encouragement in making a decision to not stay as I am now. Just accepting that being obese was all I could do while waiting on my diabetic disease and other weight related consequences to rob me of quality of life. Now I have hope and a second chance to change direction for my health and well being. I just hope I can work up the determination to
    consistently follow Brooke & Dr Ben-Meir's rules to be a healthy weight lifelong. I will keep you infformed of my progress. Thank You Jewel for being you!
    Hugs
    Laura
  3. Hello

I actually loved Brooke ~ she's so positive and helpful! I didn't meet her until after my surgery tho.. Erin was my dietician, she left a while back
    The diet that they lay out for you is a guide. It is very strict to anyone's standards and is meant to teach us what we obviously could never figure out ourselves. Brooke will forever encourage you to stick to the diet, get your exercise in (which is ridiculously important) and do what ya gotta do so the insurance company approves your surgery
    Your sleeve will help with everything else. It's impossible for you to wrap your mind around the changes that are about to head your way.. but believe me, you will appreciate everything they're doing after your surgery.
    Congrats on your decision ~ it will be the best thing that you've ever done! Can't wait to watch your progress!
  4. Jewel, I am now going to Dr Ben-Meir at his recently opened office in Willoughby Hills on Chardon Rd. When I went to St Vincents I had Catie as my dietician but here at this new office I have Brook. She is nurse practionist and a dietician. Can you tell me who your dietician was at St Vincent's? I am not sure I like how Brook does my diet. I am still pre-op on 6 mth med diet. She wants me to count calories and limit fats to lower calories. Next step will be another food component like carbs,proteins or fiber. But each month she wants me to work on one of these. Mayby after I get going it will be easier to track. She is probably preparing me for the post-op diet. Please tell me who your dietician was and how she worked out your pre-surgery diet. BTW You look great!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4