Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BBARB

1. 6 months out and seeking normality

this is such a mental journey, from day -15!! Every month there is a new mental phase to go through.

for me these are the mental phases I have been through so far:
    1) getting to make this decision. It took me so much to realize that this was the only hope for me. happiness and sadness and hope and fear were all mixed up till the last minute.
    2) after surgery my brain needed to accept the new volume of food. the first weeks were surreal, I still remember my first soft ...
  2. just to remind me how low I got

Quote Originally Posted by BBARB View Post
    I am considered a successful and beautiful woman with a great career and life. I still look at people like they are crazy when hear this because I see myself differently. Do not get me wrong I travel as I please and get recognition from my satisfying work and still dont feel happy at all. I never ever felt good about it nor happy. from outside I come across as a confident woman (I never let my weight stop me to wear a bikini and walk straight toward the pool, did I felt good in it ? no) However
  3. What a trip!

Dear friends,

In two days it will be a month I had my sleeve done. Time flew by fast and I haven't post since then. I was kind of stuck in my own process I guess.

Well the hospital experience was amazing. I had it done at University of Illinois at Chicago with Dr. Ayloo and I could not have chose anything better. I do work at UIC , which is a state university/hospital. I was so much impressed by the quality of the care I received. The nurses were angels; they were ...
  4. 4 weeks till surgery

May is arrived! Wow, it was quite fast! This month it will be crazy for me. My surgery is May 29th. But instead of working through it slowly and peacefully I have a crazy month. I will travel to california tomorrow (LA) and from there to SFO (this weekend) I will get back to chicago next tuesday. Not even a week after (next saturday) and I will go to ITaly for a wedding (9 days), In the middle of the italian stay I will start my pre-op diet!!! . The day after the wedding to be specific. My family ...
  5. unrelated subject

Today I feel that my relationship is up to ending. I thought I would be less sad, but I guess I am more involved than I thought. The sleeve and the WLS is not involved at all, I haven't been sleeved yet. He is a wonderful man and we do have and seek the same lifestyle. He is handsome (very ), gentle, cultured, deep, funny, respectful and mannered. He has one of the most beautiful smile i ever seen. Anyway, I feel we are drifting a part, we both have a strong freedom drive and commitment is what ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast