Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MIVanderwood

1. Sleeve to RNY

This one goes out to anyone out there that has had to be converted from sleeve to RNY. I was just told by my doctor, after four years being sleeved, that I need to be converted to RNY. It has taken me four years to finally except that this HAS to be done, now I just have to get the insurance company to get on board. My question is two fold: Has anyone else had to have the conversion due to uncontrollable acid reflux and how did it go having the conversion, and How hard did they have to fight ...
  2. Sleeve to RNY

This one goes out to anyone out there that has had to be converted from sleeve to RNY. I was just told by my doctor, after four years being sleeved, that I need to be converted to RNY. It has taken me four years to finally except that this HAS to be done, now I just have to get the insurance company to get on board. My question is two fold: Has anyone else had to have the conversion due to uncontrollable acid reflux and how did it go having the conversion, and How hard did they have to fight ...
  3. Hitting that reset switch!

It has been a very long time since I posted and was well on track and using My. Fitness Pal to stay on track. I had hormone therapy adjustments made and took a trip across country by car and was then hospitalized for DVT. I gained quite a bit of weight in the hospital. It was about 15 pounds and lost most of it but I am trying to get back on the wagon again. So here I am trying to figure out just how to hit the reset switch.

I am taking baby steps towards it and will see how it ...
  4. What's going on? Gallbladder or Appendix

So I seem to be doing better with the weight loss now. I was stuck for quite a while and my doc told me that it was due to allergies, so now I get allergy shots every week and the weight loss has started back up again. This is great to have happening again, but now something else seems to be going on. I have severe pain on my right side, diarrhea, and nausea. The only thing keeping me from throwing up is my phobia of it. ( I've been close a couple of times since the surgery but luckily it either ...
  5. The Melting Pot

Well tonight we are taking my step-daughter to her favorite restaurant for her eighteenth birthday. I am a little nervous, because The Melting Pot is a little difficult to handle on the best of circumstances. I had a hard time being able to make it through the meal before the surgery because it was so much food. Now that I have such a small stomach I am scared about how I will pace myself so that I am not just sitting there making people feel awkward as I stare at the wall.
    So I think ...