Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TDinWI

1. 4 Month Post Surgery

I recently hit my 4 month surgery anniversary and wanted to share just a few items:

- As of yesterday I have lost 100 Pounds. Currently on a steady 2 pounds per week loss curve.
    - BMI is now below 39. It started at 53.
    - Waist size from 56 to 42
    - Shirt size from 4XL to XL or 2XL depending on the clothes
    - Sleep apnea is just about completely gone. I still wear the mask at night, and will continue to do so until my pulmonalogist tells me I don't need ...
  2. My Frustration with Buffalo Wild Wings (BW3)

Let me start this by saying that I know Hot Wings are not a good food choice for VSG patients, so please hold off on telling me I shouldn't have been ordering them in the first place. That's not really the point of my post. Trust me when I say ... it's a once a year thing.

Every year I go to BW3's for the 1st 2 days of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. On Friday, I decided I wanted to order a small portion of Boneless Wings. One of my absolute favorite treats before surgery, and ...
  3. 2 Months Post-Op

It's been 2 months since I was sleeved, and I am blessed to be able to say it has been a smashing success so far, with few if any real complications. I feel very blessed to have healed quickly, and had a great support structure in place up and down the line (including this forum, which has provided me great inspiration, information, and moral support from so many).

Just thought I would share the measurable success I have had for all those that are thinking about ...
  4. Dear 300 Pounds

This morning, I left you. I know what you're thinking. "I've heard this before, and you always come running back to me'. I'm writing to tell you, that this time, it's for good. You shall never see me again.

I would lying if I didn't admit to having fun finding my way to you in the past. The nights out with the boys, drinking beer and eating wings. The holiday dinners with family, stuffing myself with food, and deserts. The quiet nights in front of the tv watching movies ...
  5. 3 Weeks Post Op

Today is the 3 week anniversary of my surgery, and in the 5 weeks since starting the pre-op liquid diet I have lost 51 pounds, and as of today have now lost more weight since the surgery (26) then I did on the pre-op liquid diet (25).

Today I started my 2 week soft food phase. Started the day with a 1 egg omlette and piece of toast. Was unaable to finish either. I'm looking forward to some baked fish and wild rice tonight. It's nice to be able to have something to eat which I ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast