Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tprincess

1. Drinking and the Gastric Sleeve

I have been searching for a reason not to drink when I eat. I hear different stories from different posts - it will cause your pouch to swell, is the most prevalent.

This is what I found today. Paste this into your browser to see the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0VM...layer_embedded

Hope it is helpful.
  2. I Would Kill for a Coke

I am telling you I would kill for a Coke sometimes. After eating (ever so little) I need to burp. I think burping must be a thing of the past because try as I may it just does not seem to happen for me. I get this feeling in my throat like a pipe or tube is stuck there and if I could just burp . . .
  3. Why Don't I Want to Eat and Why the Strong Sense of Smell?

A little research for those interested. Also for those pre-sleeved folks - some information on what is to come.

According to a published scientific research a hormone called “GHRELIN” makes people hungry, slows metabolism, and decreases the body’s ability to burn fat. This hormone is produced in the stomach. Gastric Sleeve operation removes the section of the stomach in which Ghrelin is produced. The non production of this hunger relating hormone results in preventing an increase ...
  4. Nausea - I need it to go away!

Can anyone give their home or bought remedies for nausea. I am almost 8 weeks out and still get so sick sometimes I can't stand it.

Called the dr and waiting on his advice, but need something now.

Help!
  5. The Good The Bad and The Ugly

The Good
    Finally losing the weight after years and years of dieting. Looking into a mirror and not being disgusted with myself.

The Bad
    Transitioning from regular stomach to abbreviated stomach. Feeling sick a lot of the times because I can't or just don't want to eat. Eating something that makes me sick afterwards. Not a routine sick but a sick like I might want to die sick. Trying to find food that will stick and satisfy me. Sense of smell so enhanced and intense ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast