Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ShrinkingViolet

1. Just Because You CAN Doesn't Mean You SHOULD

I have been meaning to do a blog post about carbs for a while now and I have recently seen a few (more) posts along the lines of "Should I be able to eat this much/this item/etc.?"

Whether you are newly post-op or healed and down the road, listen...

Just because you CAN eat something or a lot of something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. First off, when you are newly post-op, you run the risk not only of stretching out your lovely, tight new sleeve that you just ...
  2. Ticker loophole

Apparently the ticker will not let you have a current weight below your target weight, I had to change my target weight from 150 to 135 because as of today, I am 8 lbs below my original goal at 142! I can't recall weighing in last Tuesday so I think this 8-lb loss is over a 2-week period. It's so funny and feels so good how I am no longer obsessing over the scale. Once I hit 150, I REALLY started focusing on (a)strength training, mainly yoga, (b) the other areas of my life that were lacking attention ...
  3. Hanging at 149

I've been at 150-ish since I hit it, my goal weight, at 5 months post op, which was.... February 17, 2012. I guess when I arbitrarily named 150 as my goal to the surgeon, I was spot on! According to the BMI scale I am still technically "overweight" but the BMI scale can go stick it where the sun don't shine, you know? I FEEL good. I feel like I LOOK good.

Plus, I have been focusing on building up strength and muscle, and they say that muscle is denser/weighs more than ...
    Tags: bmi, weight Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  4. Low-Carb Way to Fulfill Reese's Addiction

I posted this in a reply just now and thought it would be good to record here on my blog for the future and for peopole who don't read that thread. This recipe was introduced to me during my low-carb South Beach Diet days and it is REALLY good. Make it in mini-muffin pans to suit your wee belly!

Frozen PB Cups (from Hungry Girl)

Ingredients:
    1 8-oz. container Cool Whip Free
    1/3 cup Better 'n Peanut Butter, Regular Creamy
    4 tbsp. Hershey's Syrup, ...
  5. Pain In The Butt! :)

Ever since I really started back to yoga* a few months ago (I had been really into it for many years, then "fell off the yoga wagon" for a few years during/after my pregnancy b/c of back pain) I have felt better all over... except my butt!

It isn't just the yoga; it's sitting, laying down on my back - staying in ANY position too long now really gives me PAIN in my tailbone (coccyx). I was really starting to worry that something was really wrong - a tumor? ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast