Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thanks for all the info! I plan to get sleeved in early May!!! And I am a police dispatcher too....small world
    how did you liked your tummy tuck and how much it cost? I was planning to use the surgeon woth weightloss agents
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Loving_Life
    Thanks for the information. I have 2 more friends going to Tijuana (one with Dr. Alanza and the other for plastic surgery with Dr. Fuentes at COSMED) and I can now update them. I was at COSMED with a friend having a Tummy Tuck last month and we went to the Rio Plaza. I love that location! Glad everything worked well for you.
    Thanks for the update! I am coming with my husband on Feb 26 He is having lipo and a hernia repaired on Friday and I am having a breast aug with new implants on the 1st....was kinda nervous.
    Thanks for the information. I have 2 more friends going to Tijuana (one with Dr. Alanza and the other for plastic surgery with Dr. Fuentes at COSMED) and I can now update them. I was at COSMED with a friend having a Tummy Tuck last month and we went to the Rio Plaza. I love that location! Glad everything worked well for you.
    Thanks for the information. I was sleeved by Almanza in September and am looking into a mommy make over in Mexico after goal. I'm very interested in updates. I'm a dispatcher too!
    Ditto...what an amazing blessing!!! Mem
    Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated.
    makes me feel at ease reading your story. I am 8 mo post op and am about 10 weeks pregnant. I am glad to hear that i could have a healthy baby.
    This is a bit encouraging.... I am 5 months post-op and 4 weeks pregnant... Wanted to get pregnant next year after losing my target weight but I still have about 30lbs to go and I am expecting...

Now that I am assured that the baby will be healthy. what about the weight loss? does the weight come back again or will i lose or stay same?

pls. advise
    God bless you, I'm sure that was so scarey for you, I am thankful that everything turned out so well, God is good, Congrats of everything!!!
    I was wondering how you were doing? I'm glad you and baby are doing well! I wish you continued success.
    Congrats to everyone! What a strong woman.
    Congratulations to you and your family!
    Wow! Congratulations!! Enjoy that new little one!
    That is so wonderful!! Congratulations! I am 4 months out and at 40 years old, I would really like to get pregnant soon to have my first child.... apparently my weight was affecting my fertility. You give me hope so thank you!
    OH MY!! You've had one heck of a year!! So thankful that both you and baby are healthy and happy!!
    Wow, what an amazing life experience you just went through. I cannot even imagine the worry you went through at the same time as recovering from the surgery, and the conflict your body (and mind) went through between losing weight from the surgery and the natural weight gain from the growing baby in you! Congratulations on your healthy baby, your health, and your weight loss!
    Your story is amazing & I am sure will prove helpful to many other women who are still in the child-bearing stages of life!
    Congratulations in your healthy baby and mother!
    amazing story! Congrats on your baby and continued success with weight loss
    Thanks Laurel
    What a blessing... congrats to you and your family!!
    I didn't realize you had commented on my post Happyfunball but I'm glad you did. I am so thankful that everything turned out wonderful for us and I commend you for having such a positive attitude with your own daughter, it takes a special person to raise someone with special needs and for that you deserve a huge applause!!! How are things with you now???
    Congratulations! I know this must be overwhelming for you considering the surgery and the unplanned pregnancy. It must be doubly hard to stick to the program because when I was pregnant with both my girls, I used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. You have a great attitude. Remember that the baby takes what it needs first and leaves the rest for you, nutritionally, so make sure you are watching for signs of your own malnutrition.

Just one other little note - you mentioned testing for Down syndrome. My youngest daughter was born with Down syndrome (I was 33) and it was quite a shock to us. Despite all the regular prenatal testing and two level-2 ultrasounds, there was never an indication of it. What I've since learned is that the blood tests for DS are very unreliable - many false positives and, in our case, false negatives. And because of my weight, the ultrasounds did not detect the hole in her heart (a common marker for DS as half of kids born with DS have a heart defect). I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just saying you can never rely on the regular DS blood testing alone. Of course, the only way to truly determine DS or other chromosomal defects is an amniocentesis, which you would have to discuss with your doctor because it can put the pregnancy at risk. Now, having said all that, I will say that raising a child with Down syndrome is not a death sentence - in fact, I consider it a gift. My little Sophie brings so much joy to us and everyone who knows her and she has taught me the true meaning of unconditional love. She's a bright, active, healthy kindergartner who, while somewhat behind her peers, loves to learn and will no doubt be a productive member of society one day. [Sadly, the abortion rate for a prenatal diagnosis of DS is 90 percent - yes, 90 PERCENT!] Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now and again congratulate you not only on your upcoming arrival but your successful surgery!
    AHHH, we're having a baby... I mean those of us on the forum feel a bond and this makes that bond even "tighter". I wish you and you're family continued success and happiness from the bottom of my healthy heart!!
    Awe what a blessing... congratulations.
    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story with us! I am so happy for you! please keep us posted, this is so exciting! Love Rainbow
    congrats...great story!
    Wow, congratulations! Glad you are doing well.
    congrats! Babies are awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast