Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pixie

1. Reflecting back over the last six Months!

I'm coming up on six months March 6th, it's been a journey but not one I would trade for anything. I'm disabled and for me my weight loss has been slow. When I started this journey I thought I would have lost 100 pounds by now. As of this morning I've lost 60 pounds. I started off losing very well. I hit several stalls and when I got in the 270s I couldn't get out of them. I still can't eat alot at one time, but can eat most anything without problems which is good. I have a slow thyroid ...
  2. Has anyone experienced............

Ok I was sleeved on Sept. 6th, did really well. Wasn't in alot of pain when I got home. Yesterday I had to go to my post op appointment. Everything went really well. I had to run several errands. Later in the day I had to go to my son's football game that was out of town. I decided to ride with a friend. To make a long story short I got in and out of different cars about 23 times yesterday. Last night late my stomach hurt worse than it ever did in the hospital. My stomach was sore to touch. ...
  3. Home

Hi everybody!
    I just got home from the hospital today, my Surgery was on Tuesday everything was just as I expected. I had more nausa than anything. I really didn't have pain in the incisions didn't bother me until today and thats just when I'm moving or getting up and down. I had a terrifc doctor and a great nursing staff. Yesterday I was so thirsty, and u know you can't drink much at a time. I can't wait for all you sleever this week to give me an update. Huggs, Pixie
  4. Soup Recipe

Last night I was looking in the fridge trying to figure out something new to fix. My husband is one week out and I'm having surgery next tuesday. I took about 6 yellow squash and sliced it up. Then I peeled one large onion and diced it up and put it in the pot and cooked until tender. During the cooking process I added 1 cube of chicken bouiion. When it was tender I put it in the blender and added about 1/2 cup of skim milk, salt, pepper, garlic. Then I pureed it and voila I had some tasty ...