Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I wear about a 30" or 32" in men's depending on the brand and a 29" in women's pants.
    I think a 7/8 womens, is like a 34 mens, which is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    I did exercise 5 days a week changed to jogging/running. I also run 3 to 4 miles every other day. I honestly don't think that exercise can lessen skin after it has been stretched. You build muscle tone which presses against the saggy skin and lessens the effect of the sagging but in reality it is still there hanging. Stretch marks don't go, and the wrinkles are all still very visable. 4 of my friends have all had it done around the same time as me, and they all have a ton more skin then I have, but they were all a lot heavier, and a lot shorter then myself. I noticed on them they have a ton of arm flap, which I don't. Mine is all gut, butt, and thighs. No need for a breast lift because since I lost the weight I pretty much have no breasts at all possible A cup. lol
    Did you exercise a lot? If not, do you think you would have less droopy skin if you had? Just wondering! I am 6 weeks post op. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week. I do pretty good most weeks. I wonder if the exercise makes a big impact on whether or not you have excess skin or droopy skin? Some people say their skin tighten back up and they didn't have much excess skin or droopy skin? Just wanted to get a veterans opinion since I am early in the game.
    I don't have a ton of skin like flaps, just droppy skin. I am 6 feet tall so my fat was evenly distributed. But I gave birth to twins, and I have massive loose belly skin from that, I had that even when I was heavy because I was big as a house when I was pregnant. They were over 7 pounds each. I do get the rashes under my belly and raw skin.
    That's what I'm doing too . Taking document photos every time my skin looks red or rashly. My insurance will cover the boob lift and the stomach skin removal but m going to Mexico for the rest. My bat wings can fly all on their own now!! Lol Im doing mad leg exercises to reduce all the fat I can before Jan next year which will be a year out. I've already lost 110pounds so I know how the skin looks after...but daily exercise has helped tone a lot of that. Great job on your journey
    My bariatric doctor has me documenting with pictures of rashes and sores that I get under my stomach so that by next summer we can use that as evidence that I need to have the excess skin removed and the insurance company pay for it. Check into that hon
    THANKS. I've been on here before the had the operation and it's been nice, but it seems people who have had it done and run away. lol
    Hi haymar, theres a FB page that is awesome with support an its called Gastric Sleeve Journey, not sure if your familiar with it but you should really check it out! Ill try and put the link!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/375893589146186/
    I am about at that point my surgery was 9/13/2011. I am doing ok but there are down sides but I am also pregnant so that is a huge down side when it comes to how I feel physically LOL I am pretty sure here soon I will have to have my gallblladder out because I keep having pain in that area but if so oh well. I hope you are doing well if you wanna chat PM me.
    Will power is going to be a life long issue but thanks so much for sharing. At least you know your issue and how to deal with it. No matter how hard we try life happens!!! You are only human girlie congrats on your 9 pounds
    Thanks for posting. It is great to hear from those that have been out for a longer time.
    My dietician told me to suck on a tic tac if i grave sweets...or to brush my teeth because that refreshes the mouth....i did the tic tac and that helps...I also eat sugar free cinnamon candy or sugar free butterscotch candy..So i really dont feel deprived...Im like you, i've never been comfortable in a group setting..even tho im a nurse lol
    I attend a monthly support group and I see a psychologist. These are two invaluable pieces of my journey.

I think you are doing the right thing! Best wishes!
    Your working on finding a solution to the problem, that is the KEY, best of luck-
    You of all people should know that the fact you recongnize you have a problem is the biggest step! We all have our food demons or we wouldn't be here looking to each other for the support we need. I recently went to a WLS Support group and found inspiration because there were people there who've had surgery and say they continue to struggle from time-to-time. Knowing this helps put this journey in perspective because I FINALLY realize that having the surgery is only the beginning!! Best of luck and know that you have two options.....continue to work on fighting your food demons or give into temptation and risk going back to where you fought so hard to get out of!!!!! You can best it!
    Best of luck finding the help you seek.
    It's a bugger having this monkey on your back isn't it. One day without worrying, would be nice.
    Well today I am down 1.5 pounds so that is a plus. My leggs and butt are sore from running and having to get back into shape. It'll happen I just cant give up.
    My honey also bought me one of those bands to wear that make you sweat around your abdomen, and I have been wearing that running to burn off excess fat in my belly area where I now have a small hangy downy flap from losing all the weight. The reason for buying one, is I am Native American and I have the worst time trying to sweat. I run for hours and don't sweat, but I'll tell you that band makes my belly fat sweat lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by christinae85
    What if it's a skinny foo foo drink? LOL I LOVE skinny caramel macchiatos. :P Probably just another thing to add to the list off things I'll have to say goodbye to. *sigh* Trade off for the healthy things I want.
    The skinny caramel macchiatos are my fav and I stopped the blended fat free skinny foo foo drinks and went to the macchiatos but I still gained weight. Just for the record I only drink the fat free skinny drinks not regular and they still pack on the pounds. I think that the "Skinny" is all hype to make us feel better.
    I love me some coffee too, but I have started blending my coffee with a cup of skim milk. That way I'm getting some protein with my cup of joe. Well that and 3 splenda packets. The exercise will be just what you need and you identified the problem, so time to get that pep back in your step!
    You got this....Getter done
    So a latte made on skinny milk without any added syrup all good?
    What if it's a skinny foo foo drink? LOL I LOVE skinny caramel macchiatos. :P Probably just another thing to add to the list off things I'll have to say goodbye to. *sigh* Trade off for the healthy things I want.
    Regular Coffee and some lowfat creamer is fine with me. Its the blended foo foo drinks with all the extra yummy stuff that is my down fall.
    LOL PEP! hahaha
    What is a blended coffee? I love my coffee and I can only hope that I can still enjoy it after the procedure. It will totally suck not to be able to use my Keurig after my procedure. That would be totally depressing for me.

From reading what you wrote it shows me that we have to remain viligent in our battle against food. I am raging the war against it now. I had to put off my procedure for another month so I will continue with my protien shakes and pre-op diet for that month. Wish me luck
    not to bust on any one, but I keep seeeing little easter marshmallows hopping around as she jogs! spring weather should help with the jogs!! it feels good to be outside, good luck!
    Peep or pep?
    Thanks, I feel like a million bucks. My poor kids are still trying to adjust to me being skinny. I have been large my entire life so this is such a shock for them. I am 1 year and 9 months Post-Op and I feel great overall. Had a few little bumps but nothing to major that wasn't overcome.
    Thank you all for the nice compliments, makes a woman feel AWESOME! I really have to say that the forum really does help. Because I live in such a rural area we do not have support groups and it takes me 5 hours to get to my surgeon so this is my only support that I have had since my operation August 2011.
    Your profile pic is simply beautiful. I went onto your profile and you have done an incredible job of loosing your weight. Good for you! This site has been a God send for me. I found out so much graeat information prior to my surgery then after as well.

Best wishes!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast