Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

hoonah2

1. 120 days out from my surgery.

Wow, It has been an amazing 4 months sleevers.
    I have dropped 55 #. Dropped 3 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes, and have been so very active this summer it is just an adventure everyday.
    I went in and had my 3 month follow up with Dr. Billing last week. I told him, I have not had any vomiting, or dumping syndrome. Also the biggie, no NSAIDS for almost 5 months now! I have however lost hair, he had warned me, as my nutritionist had, that this would happen, no matter what. ...
  2. The Fallout has happened

Well, It has finally happened, Tonite when I was in the shower the blowout or shall I say FALLOUT began. I am 11 weeks out and my change in diet and such has affected my hair follicles, just like they said it would. Now I am not a stranger to hairloss.
    With my diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and inflammatory arthritis over 10 years ago, I was put on NSAIDS. and whammo the fallout happened. put in patches. aloepecia areata, that is what they call it. This hair loss is just ...
  3. My firstcamping adventure since being sleeved

Last weekend, My husband and I , and 10 of our closest of friends went camping. It was the first time I had seen any of these people in months, 1 family since last October, and the other 2 families since March. I have lost the weight of a small child in that amount of time.
    Next to my DH and my father, these friends are my biggest cheerleaders as well as my oldest, dearest and closest. We have seen each other through thick and thin, weddings, births, surgeries, deaths and just about every ...
  4. 5 Days out

I am 5 days out from my surgery, I feel pretty good. the first few days with the Narcotics for pain made me feel like super woman!, On Mothers day I was really shaky, I called my surgeon and asked if I could discontinue the liquid narcotic and switch to liquid tylenol. He said that would be fine.
    Since it was mothers day, my Step bro and wife had the family gathering at their place. they only live mile from here, so we went to visit. It was nice to see everyone, but I ran out of ...