Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. First week back at work....

So I went back to work this week. I'm a therapist so I don't do much physical work but I do work 10 hour days. I am finding it really hard to stay on schedule with eating. My coworkers eat with me in amazement because I eat so little. They are all very encouraging. I am proud to say that I am down 4 pant sizes from my biggest and my shirts are fitting so well or even a little too big!!! I am so excited to be on this journey and I am very great full to everyone who posts and responds on this site ...
  2. 2 week post op follow-ups

So today I saw my surgeon and nutritionist for my 2 week follow ups. I told my surgeon about my difficulties with eating and drinking and straight up owned that I was very likely dehydrated and was definitely not getting enough protein. He said it sounded like some acid reflux issues and told me to get an over the counter to see if that helped. He told me that if it didn't get better by Monday then I should give him a call. He said my incisions were looking good though so yay!

My ...
  3. A day of ups and downs...

So good news first, 8 days post sleeve and today I am wearing jeans one size smaller and my wedding rings went on easily this morning! I was was really excited. I have noticed today that my stomach doesn't seem to be tolerating anything except water today. I got the all clear from my surgeon to transition to soft foods yesterday. So last night I had 1 small bite of cottage cheese, and my stomach was so unhappy with me, I couldn't even go to the ole faithful protein shake. This morning I attempted ...
  4. 3 days post op....

Merry Christmas everyone! 3 days post op and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm recovering. I've been able to get up and down on my own with some mild discomfort and I'm still sore from the gas. This morning I got up and made me some jello for later. I have made it my goal today to drink the liquids and proteins I'm supposed to. If anyone has any pointers for how to make this happen... it would be greatly appreciated.
  5. The day is finally here!!!!

Today is THE day! Surgery day! I didn't sleep well at all last night, but I'm feeling good this morning. I stepped on my scale this morning...247 lbs! Hot damn! I'm getting more and more nervous as it gets closer and I'm not due at the hospital for another 2 1/2 hours! This has been a roller coaster journey to this point and by tonight I will be on the second chapter of this journey. Let's face it, planning, preparing, appointments, and such, just to get to this point is a journey in itself! While ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast