Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I actually made it the day she posted recipe. I can say I tried. But it was not as tasty as it sounds. Not my cup of tea.
    Sweet! I'm a sucker for anything that even resembles bread. I'm gonna have to try this, once I'm way post op of course.
    That is awesome. I am going to have to try this one day. If you try it before I do, let me know how it goes!
    Wow!! Thanks so much!!
    Don't forget that high protein intake builds muscle! So your body could just be replacing fat with muscle and in that case the number on the scale won't move.
    I'm so proud of you ! Sounds like you are doing great. Hang in there I had a 1 pound week its a little frustrating but I'm just moving forward ..
    Remember to take body measurements. It can get frustrating to see weight loss not registering on your scale, but taking monthly or bi-monthly measurements will probably show continued loss and keep you motivated. I went from 20/18 dress size to size 14 in less than two months!!! Now I'm size medium and holding at size 10.

I'm on a true stall since my scale and my measurements haven't budged much since the Holidays.

I'm still grateful and static with my results, I know from here on it's my commitment to a lean, healthy, active, and mindful lifestyle that will help me stay on program and eventually get me to my weight goals.
    Way to go TarotAces!!

Sounds like everything you're doing is great! I had such a hard time getting in all my liquids, etc.

Now, almost a month, I'm able to eat my poached egg for breakfast, etc. Tonight I had salmon and it was great!!

I'm dreading the stall...I know me. I'll feel like I'm not doing something right too. I just have to keep signing onto this forum to get my encouragement!!!
    Completely normal for your weight loss to be a little wonky in the beginning and even to stall. I felt frustrated early on like maybe I wasn't doing something right but I am losing very steadily now. I've followed my surgeon's paperwork on my new lifestyle. So it totally is not a diet....a new way of life. And I love that I have a lot of energy and am looking great. Do you have a good vitamin regimen? I know that getting in the right nutrients is super important but also hard especially in the beginning.
    When are you cleared for exercise? Do you have any goals for that?
    Congrats on getting all your marco's, calories, and water intake in!! That is phenomenal considering you are only 3 weeks out. Very impressive! I know you are going to be successful. You definitely have wrapped your mind around the changes.
    And let me say this as well....I am proud of you!
    I ate dumb things right after my surgery, too. went to Costco and ate samples at like 3 wks out.....looking back, that was pretty stupid of me. But after a loving 'smack down' from my buds on this site, I straightened up and flew right...or at least tried harder. (damn you Costco samples!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Dang girl...you go! Wow! I'm still on poached eggs, cottage cheese and today I had 1/2 of a small turkey sausage patty. Felt ok afterwards, but ended up with a real quick trip to the bathroom

This evening my menu consists a bariatric chicken cream soup. Oh last night I indulged in egg drop soup. Went well, but again to the bathroom I'm not real hungry but can't wait to eat a bite of chicken.

Keep on going!!!!

Thanks Leslieann

The appetizer consisted of soft and moist foods and I did only have a very small amount of it (and was SUPER careful to chew it until it became liquid in my mouth). Tried to eat a scrambled egg today: went down with NO problems, but made me really nauseated. I'm going to hold off on anything more solid than yogurt for at least a few more days (trying the yogurt for lunch).

I SOOO look forward to chewing a bite of chicken too. I totally understand the feeling. I miss chewing. lol
    Thank you for your comments. Truly, I appreciate them. I am VERY happy for the concern and advice, and welcome all well intended input. <3

I feel I should have said that I, of course, realized that I made a bad decision in having any wine which is why it was under 'Confessions' (however the 4 ounces over the course of 5 hours did not even irritate my sleeve at all as it was sipped VERY slowly; also I was not drunk or buzzed as I 'tasted' [which means spit out] the wine flight and then passed them over to be consumed by Bill).

The foods in my appetizer (which I only ate 3 very small bites of) ARE allowed to me on my soft foods phase (which literally started today; 1 day after this night) so not really that bad, honestly.

Update on the incision infection: it is clearing up nicely though I will likely still see a Dr. since I only have one day left of antibiotics.
    The first month post surgery is really crucial. It's when the stomach is healing. You need to stick to your guideline. I don't think your surgeon would approve your evening drinking.
    I don't want to be mean but your post is really worrisome.
    You should try your best to stay away from alcohol and make sure you follow your guidelines. At this stage full liquid/soft food is really the best choice.
    If you worry about sugar free for your coffee/mocha, you should check the content for any wine or alcoholic drink, you will be horrified.
    But it's not a question of micro and macro here, irritating your sleeve so early in the process is really a bad idea. It can be a major issue to ingest things you are not supposed to so early in the process because the staple line need to heal first!
    You need to contact your surgeon asap and tell him about your skin infection and also about the drinking at 11 days out. He might be able to help you with some more nutrition advice. Something got lost in the process here.
    Alcohol is a HORRIBLE idea. You should not even be taking a taste of it at this stage. You could get yourself into a deadly situation in a hurry irritating your stomach with alcohol. In fact, to be quite honest, your whole post sounds like you're intentionally trying to sabotage yourself. Nothing you wrote about that you ingested is on a single doctor's approved list of ok foods/beverages this early out. I hope you don't end up hurting yourself, but it sure wouldn't surprise me if you end up back in the hospital with complications.
    Great job staying within your goals. Sounds like a fun night!
    Dang girl...you go! Wow! I'm still on poached eggs, cottage cheese and today I had 1/2 of a small turkey sausage patty. Felt ok afterwards, but ended up with a real quick trip to the bathroom

This evening my menu consists a bariatric chicken cream soup. Oh last night I indulged in egg drop soup. Went well, but again to the bathroom I'm not real hungry but can't wait to eat a bite of chicken.

Keep on going!!!!
    TarotAces

Great update. Sounds like you are practicing sipping and waiting. Good skill to master ��I experienced the same with water that you are and it does feel odd going into stomach. I drank warm tea and was on skim milk for two weeks which gave me good protein. Fairlife milk has 13g protein in 8oz. I had to drink 4 cups a day. I think that really helped me in the early days and I was not a milk drinker before surgery. All the best to you as you recovery in good spirits.
    I'm glad you're doing so well. Also, great willpower not weighing yet.

Are you feeling hungry? How was the flight home with your tender belly?
    How would you say your experience with the Dr. hospital and the hotel was?
    I guess I was lucky. When I got home I could sleep on my side, no problem. I've lost 14 LBS since my surgery which has been 11 days. Not so keyed into that as to the eating part. Getting my water in isn't a problem. I just worry about the eating part. My big challenge is coming up February . I'm going to Jamaica, which I am very familiar with. We used to have a place there. Chicken and fish is plentiful
    The left side of the tummy is where the stitches are.

dont be discouraged if there's no loss at the first visit, or even a gain. Good job on the liquids!
    So glad to hear that your surgery went well and you aren't having any complications. I was allowed to have my protein shakes right away. My post op was liquid but not clear liquids. I still sleep with a body pillow. I find that I get uncomfortable if I stay in any position for the whole night so I go back and forth from my back to my sides. I did not have any issue with being on my left side but I did not have a drain. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?!
    Tarot, you're doing great and seem to be adapting well. You are correct about the left side and lots of people have a difficult time turning in bed. I used a pillow to lean on when I finally moved from my recliner to bed The way you describe the liquids going down is the way lots of our patients describe it and I also had that feeling. Looks like you're on track and good luck with the appointment and next phase of food
    I should really look at what I write before I post....gaawwddd
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Thank you soo much Leslieann. It REALLY helps me feel a bit more normal to hear that. And a bit less worried about post-op pain.

How do the incisions/sutures feel? What were your post-op instructions from your surgeon? (I haven't gotten much info about that stuff really yet and am really curious)
    The incisions are really nothing. You're very sore, but nothing you can't handle. I used the! You'll be just fine, really.
    Your hard work may make you appreciate the surgery more and help you to stay on track. Hopefully you have other family members (and friends-the family that you choose) to encourage you on your journey. Best wishes for you surgery and exciting new life!
    You have worked hard for this, you are a strong beautiful person who deserves the best... congratulations at coming this far, keep us posted...
    You are truly a beautiful person. Very inspirational to read this. I have a hard time expressing myself unless Im close to someone but how you described yourself and situation really touched me. I can completely relate. I kind of feel alone because people cant understand what you go thru mentally but i commend you on your strength! It is worth it...you are worth too!! Travel safe and keep us posted!
    You made the right choice to bet on yourself. You are a real mother, you have to stay alive for your kid! The surgery is not that expensive when you look at it, it's cheaper than a new car...and you are so worth it!
    Somewhere I think (and hope) that having a dysfunctional parent makes us a better parent ourselfs. You want to do better for your own children. Giving yourself a better health is the best gift you can give to your son!
    WOW!!! Canot wait to meet you. You are an inspiration.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast