Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

1. Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!

Wow. I lost another pound. I am eating quite a bit so I was shocked when the scale went down again. I go to see my surgeon on the 15th of September. I will be 10 1/2 months post op. I am excited to see my surgeon and his staff. I have not been there since March, I think. I don't really like going out to his office because it is far. But I like seeing them, if that makes sense. I will have one more visit on my 1 year anniversary and then I will not go back unless I have issues. I have been ...
  2. Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School

Haven't blogged lately. Not a lot going on for my WLS journey. I am hanging tough at 113. I feel healthy at this weight. I am no longer low carb. I actually need the carbs to maintain my weight. I still focus on my protein and veggies but also eat grains now. Adding the carbs back in did not make me gain weight or give me any digestive issues.
    I am still running and getting ready for my half marathon. I feel strong when I run. It is such a great feeling. It is a time to unwind from ...
  3. 16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back

Conversation with a friend from work who had been out and I hadn't seen in about 2 months...
    Her- "People were talking about you..."
    Me-"Who's talking shit about me?"
    Her-"No they were saying how you were so tiny and shrinking."
    Me-"Oh! LOL. I thought I was going to have to fight someone."

So that really happened. I was happy for the compliments, though I have apparently been the talk of my training group (the ...
  4. My hips don't lie-14 weeks-New shoes-Another pound down-For the love of running

So I had to walk on my workout today. I have noticed over the last week or so that my hips have been hurting a little when I run. Originally it was just my left hip but now it is both. I was able to still run but would be sore that night and the next day. After my day off from running I would be able to run again and do the same cycle all over again. Today I only ran for about 5 minutes and knew that if I continued I would most probably injure myself. So I just speed walked the rest of my ...
  5. Officially just overweight!

So I lost another pound and am now officially just overweight. Woohoo!! My BMI is 29.9! So freaking happy!
    Did my run tonight and it was great. It was pretty dark but I was careful. I had a great run. Warm up, 10 min run, 5 min walk, 10 min run, cool down. That's it. Felt pretty good. Came home and decided I deserved a reward for all my hard work with my running. Got on my Amazon Prime account and ordered some new toys. Ordered some Brooks running shoes, a runners belt for my iPhone, ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast