Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    I'm only halfway to goal, but my butt is ALREADY deflating. I think I'll start doing squats and glute exercises NOW; I would my my butt too much if it went away entirely.

GREAT work Christie! You are KICKIN" BUTT!
    Trust me....I miss mine, too. I used to have such a round one. The good news is that squats can totally get that booty looking great!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag, and yet fun at the same time. Sorry your hubby got wounded :-(

I've been wondering about Escape Room... anything you can share (for someone thinking about doing it?)
    Yes. The Escape room was so much fun. I would suggest not dwelling on any one clue too long. If it seems too hard....it's probably not a clue. Example, one clue lead us to the sink drain....which had blocks and a key. The key was a clue but the blocks meant nothing. And we kept trying to figure out code they were and to what lock. Turns out they were nothing. LOL. Should have figured that there would not be 2 clues from same one. And be careful bc it is dark in there. But I highly recommend it. SO MUCH FUN!!!
    LOL!!! I have the sameeee problem , but it's with my stomach. I have to wear a compression thingy to the gym so when I run you don't hear the flap flap flap.... Super embarrassing!!! I'm looking forward to the day when i have my surgery and it allllll goes away! Until then... let the weight drop!
    I'm only halfway to goal, but my butt is ALREADY deflating. I think I'll start doing squats and glute exercises NOW; I would my my butt too much if it went away entirely.

GREAT work Christie! You are KICKIN" BUTT!
    Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag, and yet fun at the same time. Sorry your hubby got wounded :-(

I've been wondering about Escape Room... anything you can share (for someone thinking about doing it?)
    lol I thought there was something on my back while laying down and watching tv. It was skin flapped over and touching����
    Quote Originally Posted by keoster1
    great stuff well done !!
    Thank you. On this journey you have to embrace the victories and laugh at the small things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv28
    Great work! I've lost 82 pounds in just over 6 months. I noticed that my butt was kind of flat but it's not really flat but smaller than I expected. My dietitian told me not to worry about it. I can do squats and other exercises to build it up. You look great!
    I was surprised at how much of my butt is empty skin. I realized it when I grabbed it. My daughter finds it hilarious because my family is known for our bubble butts. Even the boys have them. My son, brother, nephews all have them. It's from my mom's side of the family. The area I come from in Italy is filled with bubble butts or "culetti mandolini"! So having empty rear fun bags is foreign to me. Definitely time to squat my booty back to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Great work Christie, continued success!
    Thank you. I'm so pleased with my journey as I definitely had some doubts this would work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    haha! Old man booty....hilarious!

Great Job Christie! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your friend.

I can say it enough that you are a positive influence for so many folks on this forum.

You deserve the success that you are achieving!

GO COWBOYS!!

Regards,

Tommy
    Thanks Tommy. I love my sleeve and love supporting others through this process. It's so great to be given this new lease on a healthy life.
    You're doing great as well. You have come a long way and while it seems daunting initially, the closer you get to goal the easier it seems. You'll look back and be amazed at what you did. Best wishes to you and your wifey. I'm sure she's loving the changes in you!!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Looks like we should have a great year!
    great stuff well done !!
    Great work! I've lost 82 pounds in just over 6 months. I noticed that my butt was kind of flat but it's not really flat but smaller than I expected. My dietitian told me not to worry about it. I can do squats and other exercises to build it up. You look great!
    Great work Christie, continued success!
    haha! Old man booty....hilarious!

Great Job Christie! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your friend.

I can say it enough that you are a positive influence for so many folks on this forum.

You deserve the success that you are achieving!

GO COWBOYS!!

Regards,

Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    Love it! Thanks for the tmi talk! My surgery is on tuesday. I'm nervous but there is no way that I back out of it! The pros far out way the cons!!!! I cant wait to have flabby skin and not flabby fat!
    The skin is way more attractive than my rolls of fat were. In clothes I look freaking amazing and to be totally honest....I don't look too bad nude either. I was not even self conscious going to the pool in my bikini with my loose skin on my butt and legs. There are definitely more pros than cons. Good luck on your surgery!
    Love it! Thanks for the tmi talk! My surgery is on tuesday. I'm nervous but there is no way that I back out of it! The pros far out way the cons!!!! I cant wait to have flabby skin and not flabby fat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Good show! On all those things.

I FINALLY a few weeks ago had my rings resized. I'd been using ring guards on them, but realized at nearly 3 years post-op and maintaining well that it was time to acknowledge my "stability" (yes, it's never really "done, but hey!) and get my rings sized. Now wearing my wedding rings again without guards.

P.S. azladyrider -- FIVE CARATS! Geez, girl!
    Yes....I am wanting to be well into maintenance before I resize. Isn't it hard for us to realize that we are successful? I was soooo worried that this surgery would not work for me but here I am thoroughly enjoying my sleeve!
    Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    I have a 60 year old heirloom platinum 5 carat ring that was my grandmothers - I was so afraid of losing it too but I'm a bit paranoid about leaving it anyplace and hate being without it (I promised my grandmother I would never take them off) luckily I was at a local swap meet and there was a guy there that did sizing on the spot in front of the customers. Done in 20 minutes
    I hear ya. I am needing my wedding band and engagement ring resized but I just can't bear to leave them with someone. Same reason that my rings are not soldered. When I lived in Italy I used to bring stuff to my friend's uncle who owned a jewelry store and he would do it right in front of me. Maybe when I go to Italy this summer I will pay him a visit for my rings to be resized.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Beautiful rings! Happy Mother's Day to you.
    Right back at ya! I love my rings, too!! I had seen them advertised on Facebook (Lisa Leonard designs) and absolutely loved them. I shared them so my hubby would know and he picked that clue right up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Happy Mother's Day!

Sounds like it's time to resize those rings! I finally resized my wedding and engagement ring and it felt like such a big moment: https://downthescale.com/2016/01/06/...e-commitments/

Those NSV are awesome!
    I think I am nervous as well. I do not want to leave my rings and also want to make sure I am maintaining before I chop up my rings.
    Good show! On all those things.

I FINALLY a few weeks ago had my rings resized. I'd been using ring guards on them, but realized at nearly 3 years post-op and maintaining well that it was time to acknowledge my "stability" (yes, it's never really "done, but hey!) and get my rings sized. Now wearing my wedding rings again without guards.

P.S. azladyrider -- FIVE CARATS! Geez, girl!
    I have a 60 year old heirloom platinum 5 carat ring that was my grandmothers - I was so afraid of losing it too but I'm a bit paranoid about leaving it anyplace and hate being without it (I promised my grandmother I would never take them off) luckily I was at a local swap meet and there was a guy there that did sizing on the spot in front of the customers. Done in 20 minutes
    Beautiful rings! Happy Mother's Day to you.
    Happy Mother's Day!

Sounds like it's time to resize those rings! I finally resized my wedding and engagement ring and it felt like such a big moment: https://downthescale.com/2016/01/06/...e-commitments/

Those NSV are awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    You look fabulous, Christine.

I also find it incredulous that so many obese people talk themselves out of weight loss surgery due to the fear of getting loose skin or surgical scars. I'll take loose skin over a 200+ pound body any day of the week.
    Yes...I do not get that either. You can dress around the loose skin. You cannot dress around your fat. You are still fat. And I do not know about your scars from surgery but mine are really not too noticeable and I am only 6 months post op. I think in a year they will not even be noticeable at all. And if I had a lot of extra skin...I would just go ahead and have the skin removable surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Definitely not TMI, just a show of good humor and obviously acceptance by your daughter! Keep up the fantastic work and the sense of humor.
    Thanks Linda! We have to learn to laugh at ourselves. My daughter has been with me every step of this process and I have always had an honest and open relationship with my kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    You go, girl! Not TMI at all... I think we are all or have gone through it. My rear end skin looks like it's melted? And I don't give a hoot about it either. I want to drop another 33 pounds and can't even imagine what my boobs will resemble then. Right now they are looking like the length of Rapunzel's braid!
    You look amazing Christie!
    Yes Lori!! That is EXACTLY it!! MELTED!! Like a sad snowman!! My butt looks the same and I was always known for my booty. I think that went away so fast because it is so much fat in it. My legs also have muscle. I like to lay down and put my legs up. They look so pretty when gravity takes the loose skin back towards me and my knees look awesome. If a surgeon could do that...I would consider the thigh lift. But every picture I have seen on line did not impress me. So I would not pay that kind of money and endure that kind of pain with that little result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    I love the jiggle giggle. Just what I needed today!
    I still get a kick doing it in the mirror. My friend came over on Friday night and stayed the night since we all went out. On Saturday I had to show her as well. (We have been friends a very long time.) She laughed, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    I'll take flapping over fat any day!
    Oh yes girl...I would rather keep flapping away than look and feel the way I did when I was morbidly obese. It was so hard because when I was young, BK---Before Kids-I was always thin, athletic, and in shape. I do know I NEVER will let that happen again and since there is no way I am having anymore kids I am good. And I weigh myself everyday to remain accountable to myself. I know for me personally, I need that. Because when I started to gain weight I started to avoid the scale. Not going to make that mistake again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Love your post and sense of humor about everything. Yes, this new life is the best!
    You do just have to laugh because it is a small price to pay for being happy and healthy!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast