Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Damn, you are rocking this!
    Thanks Ann!! I have great role models like you to look to for advice and inspiration!
    Damn, you are rocking this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Christie,
    I love your posts--so positive and upbeat!
    Linda51
    Thank you Linda. I know some people get depressed after surgery but I have seriously been euphoric for 16 weeks now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousbig
    Good work buddy....keep rocking it!
    Thanks Alvin! You are killing it too! Your exercise habits are AMAZING!!!! Maybe we will both do our 1/2 marathon around the same time. My goal is December for the Rock-n-Roll one that is here in San Antonio!
    Christie,
    I love your posts--so positive and upbeat!
    Linda51
    Good work buddy....keep rocking it!
    I honestly don't count the carbs but try to avoid breads, sweets, tortillas, rice, past, and the like. I am just mostly trying to stay low carb until I get to goal. I am only 25 lbs away....maybe less as I need to see what I look like as I get closer.
    Seems like you had a great week end! nice!! but you should not worry about a little carb. It's not going to ruin all your efforts as soon as it's only once in a while.
    I did have little sushi on Sunday too (but don't really like rice, had more fish). Did feel a little bloated yesterday but today it's gone. As soon as it's not a regular thing it's perfectly fine. I really don't think that low carbs (like 30gr per day) is really realistic on the long run anyway.
    I'm not the perfect example since I'm not at goal yet but I don't shout for 100gr carbs like my nut recommend because I know that my body won't like it. I do have very low carb days (30gr) but the average is around 60/80gr. Nut still say it's too low but it's fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I have that problem occasionally, it isn't actually my hip, it's the outside top of my leg. Doctor says it's bursitis. I've never done anything about it because it comes and goes, but I've heard of people having a cortisone shot that takes away the pain.
    Mine is definitely my hip bone. I can feel it when I try to stretch my hips. It is coming from the bone area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousbig
    Christie, I walk a ton along with getting my runs in. Actually, it's the latest training method for distance runners...mixing walking, running and weightraining. Sooooo, I've been running day, then elliptical, then walking then repeat while listening to my body. Walks are around 4.1 to 4.3 mph treadmill while watching Sons of Anarchy episodes. I was leery until Tues morning I tested my cardio with a 5 mile run outside. All my training thus far has been indoors. I totally smoked the run while listening Disturbed and finished strong. A 10k would be cake right now....so listen to your body, walk, ellliptical and when your hip is good....you won't have lost a thing. Go girl!!!=}
    Thanks. I am eager to get back to running but am going to wait and give it a try this weekend. I am so jealous that you are rocking your runs. I love running and I am eager to start running races!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodgirl
    Way to go Christie! You are an inspiration!!
    Thank you hon. I am just trucking along and do my best.
    Way to go Christie! You are an inspiration!!
    Christie, I walk a ton along with getting my runs in. Actually, it's the latest training method for distance runners...mixing walking, running and weightraining. Sooooo, I've been running day, then elliptical, then walking then repeat while listening to my body. Walks are around 4.1 to 4.3 mph treadmill while watching Sons of Anarchy episodes. I was leery until Tues morning I tested my cardio with a 5 mile run outside. All my training thus far has been indoors. I totally smoked the run while listening Disturbed and finished strong. A 10k would be cake right now....so listen to your body, walk, ellliptical and when your hip is good....you won't have lost a thing. Go girl!!!=}
    I have that problem occasionally, it isn't actually my hip, it's the outside top of my leg. Doctor says it's bursitis. I've never done anything about it because it comes and goes, but I've heard of people having a cortisone shot that takes away the pain.
    Thanks everyone! I am thinking you guys are on to something with the vitamin D deficiency. My sister (who was sleeved a little over 5 years ago) had a lot of issues with vitamin D deficiency. So I did go to the drug store today and get some vitamin D to add to my list of vitamins/supplements to take daily.
    Christie--you are an absolute inspiration. I won't be doing any running when I get the weight off, but my husband and I are looking forward to doing a lot of exploring of our new state when we retire at the end of the year. He just got 2 new knees and by then hopefully I will have lost a significant amount of weight. We will be moving to Texas right after retirement so we can be closer to kids/grandkids, so after being California people our entire lives we will have a lot to explore. Thank you again for your inspiring posts.
    Keep up the good work! I can only hope to do as well as you have. Being in pain is hard when you just wanna keep going, but I agree with Sandra3 abut the vitamin D deficiency. I was fatigued and had bone pain so I went to the doctor. She sent me to have lab work done and it turns out that I was also vitamin D deficient, so much so that I have to take 2,000IU daily just to keep it up there. My doctor told me that at least 75% of the population is vitamin D deficient and they don't even know it. Some lab work wouldn't hurt, it's better to know than to let it go. Also, vitamin D helps with calcium absorption so if you're deficient then chances are your body isn't absorbing enough calcium as it needs no matter how much you take in.
    You're doing sooooo good! Really hope you find out what is going on and that it is nothing. Great picture!
    Christie, all the best to you on feeling better. In my support group, one participant said the surgeon won't release her to run yet even though she wants too bad. Advice was to take care with running, he won't release most of us to run until we have most of the weight off, he said an injury to a WLS patient can be devastating in that you can't exercise and it could possible affect your overall goals. Be patient with yourself!
    You're doing fantastic!! WOO HOO! You're my inspiration.
    Today is my first week back to work. Next week I plan on joining the gym!

Hope you hips feel better soon!
    PS: just received (finally) my lab results. My Vitamin D is still too low...and I take a lot! but I was just reading an article in a medical journal, they said that low D gives pain in the bones...I didn't know, thought it was only calcium..
    You should be proud!! you're doing great!! and it seems to be really warm in Texas right now! wow! sleeveless! yesterday I had two sweaters on! it was only 10C but it's always humid here...

Great news for the shoes too, I will try those in a few months.

But your pain could be coming from anything from new shoes to your body adjusting to your new gravity center or new posture. It might go away very soon.
    I had pains here and there in my body during the first six months, nothing really persistent besides injuries, but that was an entire other issue. May be you could run on a treadmill to try to see if it feels better because there's more cushion and it's less impact on your body.

I was actually talking to my surgeon about my calcium level during one of my post-op and he said that a blood test is not enough we need to have a densitometry Xray/scan to make sure our bones are ok. I also take many supplements, calcium and have it in my food daily as well but since I do have several others deficiencies, I was told to be careful. Tricky part is that our blood test could be ok on calcium because the body is taking it from our bones. That's why we have to check with a scan to make sure. I think I will do it in a few months.
    Congrats on the new buff you! Be kind to yourself. Running is tough on the body. Resting it is important plus you're still being active. That's a win.
    You are doing great and should be proud of yourself.
    Thanks TarotAces and blackjac24! This journey has been so wonderful!
    My problem areas have always been my butt, hips, and thighs. Reading your progress gives me hope that I may too have thin thighs!
    I am so happy for you, I remember when I hit that mark, I think I danced around like I won the lotto...Lol. Brooks shoes are the best... Great big hugs to you.
    Holy crap!!!! That's soo great!!! I am excited for you girl!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Elle and Hotrodgirl! I feel pretty damn excited!
    Hi, Christi! Just reading some old posts and came across this. First, let me say you look fabulous! I hope to be so successful! Secondly, what part of Italy are you traveling to? My father is from Italy (my mother was born here bit her parents are from there as well) and all my family are there. I've been many times as a child and adult and absolutely love that country! Does your father reside there? We're from the Abruzzi region (L'Aquila). Approx 2 hrs north of Rome. I'm jealous to not be going this year! Have a wonderful and safe trip!
    You ROCK! Way to go!!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast