Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    /Users/sharonbaer/Desktop/IMG_2950.JPG

Ready for my inaugural hike to test out your product recommendation Christie!
    Yessssss!!!!!!!!!
    /Users/sharonbaer/Desktop/IMG_2950.JPG

Ready for my inaugural hike to test out your product recommendation Christie!
    I ordered them too! (They may make a funny tan line...)
    Let me know once you use them if you like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, you are rocking life!

I'm checking out those knee straps. Thanks for the tip.

P.S. Christie, I ordered them. Will report back.
    Let me know how you like them. I took a chance on them because they had a high rating with over 2000 reviews. I am so glad I got them. Hope they work for you!
    I will order those on Amazon right now. My doctor said shouldn't run (after 2 years of 3 miles every morning before school). Said the bones were getting too close together. But my knees still hurt off and on, even when hiking. Anything's worth a try!
    Yeah, I think without the straps there would be a lot I would need to give up on. So far they have worked wonders. Just have to make sure they are nice and tight. So worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Oh the knee supports sound good! And yup you are doing great peachy :-)
    Thanks doll. Yeah, those knee straps rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Hi Christie13!

Sorry to hear about you getting sick. I too have had that happen, and as unpleasant a feeling as it is, I look at it as a reminder of what I can (and can not) do regarding food consumption.

Glad to hear everything else is perking up for you. Isn't a wonderful feeling when all of the hard work that has been put into becoming a new and improved you comes to light in the most obvious ways! It seems to make the journey that much more pleasurable.

Keep it up! You look great, and with that you sound great!

Thanks Shannon. I am pleased with this whole journey. It is not always easy but it is always worth it.
    I think the getting sick was a wake up call. I seriously didn't think this far out it would be an issue. Just goes to show this is definitely a life long journey.
    I ordered them too! (They may make a funny tan line...)
    Christie, you are rocking life!

I'm checking out those knee straps. Thanks for the tip.

P.S. Christie, I ordered them. Will report back.
    I will order those on Amazon right now. My doctor said shouldn't run (after 2 years of 3 miles every morning before school). Said the bones were getting too close together. But my knees still hurt off and on, even when hiking. Anything's worth a try!
    Oh the knee supports sound good! And yup you are doing great peachy :-)
    Hi Christie13!

Sorry to hear about you getting sick. I too have had that happen, and as unpleasant a feeling as it is, I look at it as a reminder of what I can (and can not) do regarding food consumption.

Glad to hear everything else is perking up for you. Isn't a wonderful feeling when all of the hard work that has been put into becoming a new and improved you comes to light in the most obvious ways! It seems to make the journey that much more pleasurable.

Keep it up! You look great, and with that you sound great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    wow, cute car and daughter. Great find.
    Thanks Tamera. I was so happy we found that car. It is too cute.
    wow, cute car and daughter. Great find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    AWESOME job on the race and you look super cute!

Great score on the vities!
    Thank you!! Yeah...I was WAYYYYYY more excited vitamins then I ever thought I would be. LOL!!!
    AWESOME job on the race and you look super cute!

Great score on the vities!
    Quote Originally Posted by manzerick
    Staying on the vitamins is huge!

I just found out that iron is nothing to take lightly. Best wishes in your transformation!!
    I am a vitamin nut. All my levels are awesome per my last test. I have always had high iron so luckily that is not an issue for me. I may occasionally forget my vitamins but rarely. I know that with the small amounts I eat I don't want to deprive my body of anything...especially since I love working out so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Yay Christie, I've got a pair of hokas that colour too. Cutest outfits and I am still totes in love with your shorter hair :-) and yay for the autism run x
    I have 2 pairs but I love the Hoka's so much I want to add to my collection. I am really digging this Navy blue pair right now. Gotta pace myself as so much going on right now financially. LOL. The hair is crazy here because I had already done my strength work out before going to this. But I am totally still loving it. And the ease of getting ready is a HUGE perk as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyWade
    Way to go Christie!!! You rock!!! Keep up the great work as you're enjoying your second change at living life to the fullest!!! That should fill very joyful! Congrats on complete the 5k run! You and the Hubby look like you had a great time and I love the outfits, too cute!
    Thank you so much! Fitness has definitely been my priority. Without all the working out I would have so much more skin for sure. It was super hero themed. Hubby had the shirt from something from work years ago (which is why it is too big as he has lost 40 lbs since I have been on my journey) and I had that shirt that was my daughters from when she was in middle school! That would have NEVER fit me before....not even with all the stretching in the world. With the new me it slipped on with no issues.
    Staying on the vitamins is huge!

I just found out that iron is nothing to take lightly. Best wishes in your transformation!!
    Yay Christie, I've got a pair of hokas that colour too. Cutest outfits and I am still totes in love with your shorter hair :-) and yay for the autism run x
    Way to go Christie!!! You rock!!! Keep up the great work as you're enjoying your second change at living life to the fullest!!! That should fill very joyful! Congrats on complete the 5k run! You and the Hubby look like you had a great time and I love the outfits, too cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    SO CUTE!!!!
    Thanks Yolymarie!! Every day when I do my hair I am so glad I got it cut. It is so much quicker to do and it looks so cute!
    SO CUTE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    You look fantastic!!!
    Thanks Jen! I am loving my new haircut!
    You look fantastic!!!
    Lori...totally get it. I go a few days without getting on sometimes because it seems like my life is busier than ever right now. But the thing I make time for without a doubt is my exercise. No backsliding here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I think our Mullets were a bad idea (in hindsight) even back then. Mine has fallen out heavily in the crown area, so I've gone to wigs. Short ones. Gray ones. Thank goodness I had some from 7+ years ago after one of my worst chemo fallouts!

And your eyes look huge, dewy and fantastic with your new short hair. Love it ladybug!
    LOL yes!! Mullets were always a bad idea. I was using a good product that kind of blended it. The hairdresser even said that my product was good at camouflaging it as she didn't see the shorter bits until I pulled them out. I am sooooo glad I did it. I feel 100% better about my hair. I did have to wait until the short bits were long enough to not be bald looking if I cut it.
    That is good that you have the wigs. Makes it easier to not have to worry about it. I am lucky that mine was never to the point that it looked bald just super thin and then the different lengths were it was growing back. I think the biotin really helped me bc I started taking it right away and my hair had gotten visibly way thicker. So when the hair loss started it was already thicker and when it thinned it was not as bad as if I had not already fattened it up.
    I am sure yours will grow in before you know it. They say the hair loss happens to 40% of WLS patients. The good thing is it does grow back and I have not heard of anyone saying that it was permanent. (Maybe it could be for someone but I have not seen anyone post that.)
    And thank you for the compliment. I feel like I look a lot more like my late mother with my hair short like this. Which makes me feel so much closer to her. It will be 3 years in August since I lost my mother. Still miss her everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Thanks so much Lori!! Hope you are doing well. I've missed you around here!
    Iím around.... just SO DANG BUSY, itís making me nuts. I have no time for anything EXCEPT my Zumba classes and walking! I get that in.
    I think our Mullets were a bad idea (in hindsight) even back then. Mine has fallen out heavily in the crown area, so I've gone to wigs. Short ones. Gray ones. Thank goodness I had some from 7+ years ago after one of my worst chemo fallouts!

And your eyes look huge, dewy and fantastic with your new short hair. Love it ladybug!
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast