Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

How wonderful to meet a fellow sleever! Great photo of y'all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    You are doing so great you might even be under your goal before your trip!! that's pretty amazing!! good job!
    I still haven't checked my weight since I'm back because the water retention (from the very long flight) is still there. But a dear friend I didn't see for three weeks told me during dinner I lost again, and usually she always notice at the right time (when the scale says congrats!). So I'm crossing my fingers she is right again...
    I think that my weight will probably go under 120. Not sure. I have tried to remain calm but optimistic during this whole journey. I was not sure what weight to pick since I had been heavy for so long. I thought 120 seemed realistic. I now think I may actually end up lower. But if I get to 120 and can maintain I would be perfectly happy.
    I bet you have lost. And if you are feeling slimmer, I bet you are. Clothes are always a better indicator than the scale! Fingers crossed for you! You are doing wonderfully! Especially given the difficulties you have getting the foods you need where you live. That means you are absolutely proving that even when abroad you can make your sleeve work for you! Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle_mom
    Awesome Christi!
    Thank you Doodle mom!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Way to go! You are so close! Isn't it fun?

The weird thing about hair is I'm over three years out and I am still losing hair. I have extremely thick hair, so its no big deal at all, just odd. The only way it is noticeable is I have some "short" pieces all the time. I take my vitamins and eat much more than in the beginning.
    I have always lost some hair. I think it is a hormonal thing. But when I started losing huge amounts in the shower (and also while blow drying) it was a bit shocking. I already knew it was a big possibility. My sister lost a ton. She actually shaved hers. I thought I was prepared for it but the longer I went without losing any I thought maybe I wouldn't. Until it started...and then it seemed to start coming out quickly. So I just doubled up on my biotin and bought biotin shampoo.
    As for goal...it is just so weird. Like dang....am I really almost there? It feels like it happened. I am excited. I can't even remember when I weighed 120 last. I think when I got pregnant with my son (who is 19) I was like 100 lbs. Ballooned up to 190. I don't think I ever got back down under 130 after that. Before beginning the ping ponging of my weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    Great Job! I am within 20 pounds of goal and am getting very excited for the maintenance which I was initially dreading. I am also glad to hear that your hair is growing as you were sleeved around the same time as I was. My hair is not falling out by the handfuls, but I AM looking forward to the hair-loss part being over.
    I was losing a ton of hair for a while. Looked like a small rat on the drain. LOL. Now I am still losing a little bit but not nearly as much. And the two spots were it was more noticeable (by my temples) it is growing back so it does not look bad at all. YAY!
    Yes...maintenance is going to be a different beast. I do think one thing that has really resonated with me is seeing people come back and have gained quite a bit of weight and trying to get back on track. It has made me realize that I definitely need to have a plan and danger weight where I kick myself into action. I do not want to gain this weight back. So once I stop losing I will have my stop weight where if I get to it I need to kick back to basics to lose it. I do feel completely ready for this. I feel well educated and excited. My scale went from being my nemesis to my new best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Happy Thursday!

Or Friday by now in your neck of the woods!

Your hair looked fantastic so whatever you did keep doing! As long as you are meeting nutritionial goals hair will be less of an issue as you enter maintenance.

I'm 6lbs from my one year goal... which is next month, May 17th. At this point I'm less enthusiastic about meeting that goal, than knowing what the DeXA results/3mo., 6mo. and 12mo. post op comparisons will be on May 19th (hint hint... knudge knudge... wink wink). I'm just crossing fingers that I have kept visceral fat on check!!!

Hugs!!!
    I really think all the biotin I started taking almost immediately post op helped. Before I started losing my hair the biotin had actually made my hair look much thicker and more lush. So when the hair loss started I was already having more hair than I usually did. Trying to get the day off for the 19th hoping I can schedule an appointment for the Dexa too!
    Big hugs right back at you!
    You are doing so great you might even be under your goal before your trip!! that's pretty amazing!! good job!
    I still haven't checked my weight since I'm back because the water retention (from the very long flight) is still there. But a dear friend I didn't see for three weeks told me during dinner I lost again, and usually she always notice at the right time (when the scale says congrats!). So I'm crossing my fingers she is right again...
    Awesome Christi!
    Way to go! You are so close! Isn't it fun?

The weird thing about hair is I'm over three years out and I am still losing hair. I have extremely thick hair, so its no big deal at all, just odd. The only way it is noticeable is I have some "short" pieces all the time. I take my vitamins and eat much more than in the beginning.
    Great Job! I am within 20 pounds of goal and am getting very excited for the maintenance which I was initially dreading. I am also glad to hear that your hair is growing as you were sleeved around the same time as I was. My hair is not falling out by the handfuls, but I AM looking forward to the hair-loss part being over.
    Happy Thursday!

Or Friday by now in your neck of the woods!

Your hair looked fantastic so whatever you did keep doing! As long as you are meeting nutritionial goals hair will be less of an issue as you enter maintenance.

I'm 6lbs from my one year goal... which is next month, May 17th. At this point I'm less enthusiastic about meeting that goal, than knowing what the DeXA results/3mo., 6mo. and 12mo. post op comparisons will be on May 19th (hint hint... knudge knudge... wink wink). I'm just crossing fingers that I have kept visceral fat on check!!!

Hugs!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesrtGal
    I am SO happy for you Christie! I have followed you 'almost' from the beginning after your surgery. (December is when I joined.) You are doing great and I bet you will always have the maintenance under control. I have a ways to go before I hit MY goal (the nutritionist has her own goal #, higher than mine) but either way, I never, ever want to go back to life pre sleeve and all the pre op dieting I did. (Not to mention how much money the insurance is paying out!)
    Congratulations to you!
    Thank you Lori! I felt like my goal seemed so far away in the beginning but you'll see that you'll be hitting yours before you know it. I can't believe how long your pre op diet is. I was cleared for real foods at 1 month post op. I cannot imagine going a few months like your diet. How are you feeling with your energy?
    I am SO happy for you Christie! I have followed you 'almost' from the beginning after your surgery. (December is when I joined.) You are doing great and I bet you will always have the maintenance under control. I have a ways to go before I hit MY goal (the nutritionist has her own goal #, higher than mine) but either way, I never, ever want to go back to life pre sleeve and all the pre op dieting I did. (Not to mention how much money the insurance is paying out!)
    Congratulations to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Just saw this, Christie! Congrats on it all. Size 4 jeans! Whodda thunk this was possible, eh?
    It is truly amazing! I am only 10 lbs from goal!!! I was soooo worried that this surgery would not work. Thank God I took the plunge!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Amazing Christie! You are so crushing this thing.

PS-Love USAA. Thanks to you and all your co-workers for taking care of us.
    Thanks Greg. I decided to do a career change and work for USAA back in 2015. I love it. I was a brat, in the Army, a spouse, and a DOD civilian. When I came to the states I had a job at a terrible company. I made a drastic change and went to USAA. It made sense since they felt like home.
    Just saw this, Christie! Congrats on it all. Size 4 jeans! Whodda thunk this was possible, eh?
    Amazing Christie! You are so crushing this thing.

PS-Love USAA. Thanks to you and all your co-workers for taking care of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by OwnYourJourney
    Great job on your success!
    Thank you! This has been an amazing journey!
    You look so great! I'm sorry to hear about the accident, that is unfortunate! I'm glad to hear about the hair regrowth. I've been a little worried because I'm about 13 weeks postop and the last 10 days or so I've really started to notice an increase of hair falling out. I know others had said to expect it around 4-6 months so I freaked a little wondering if that meant when I reach 4-6 I'd lose even more?! LOL hope not! But I also thought I was taking 5K biotin but when reading the back of the bottle realized their serving size was 3 pills, so I've really only been taking roughly 1600 mcg a day. So I'm going to go to the 3 pills a day and hope it helps. Good luck with everything! and 71 lbs is FREAKING AWESOME!
    Great job on your success!
    Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesrtGal
    Great job Christie! You've accomplished so much in only 5 months... you're my inspiration!
    Thanks Lori!! You are going killing it in your WLS journey! Look what you did pre op....that was nothing short of amazing I don't think I have seen anyone lose so much pre op in that short of an amount of time!
    Great job Christie! You've accomplished so much in only 5 months... you're my inspiration!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    So very happy for your success!! I can feel how super you feel in your words!!
    Congrats!!!
    I really do. I know some people struggle emotionally with this surgery but I've been on cloud 9 the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Congratulations Christy On your success. It is such an amazing feeling to feel good, have energy and be able to do new things again. I joined multiple hiking groups and a woman's cycling group. Wanted to always have someone available to explore the beautiful Pacific NW since my husband travels and my friends aren't up to exercising at my level.
    How fun you get to go too Italy in 3 mos. Were all are you going? Definitely a place I'd love to go too sometime.
    I know you'll be at the finish line in no time then yay its off to maintenance
    I will be up North close to Venice. I'm from Aviano. My father is going to be getting remarried. So it's family stuff mostly. My husband and mother in law haven't been back to Italy since 1990. So we'll do a lot of day trips. It's going to be so much fun!
    So very happy for your success!! I can feel how super you feel in your words!!
    Congrats!!!
    Congratulations Christy On your success. It is such an amazing feeling to feel good, have energy and be able to do new things again. I joined multiple hiking groups and a woman's cycling group. Wanted to always have someone available to explore the beautiful Pacific NW since my husband travels and my friends aren't up to exercising at my level.
    How fun you get to go too Italy in 3 mos. Were all are you going? Definitely a place I'd love to go too sometime.
    I know you'll be at the finish line in no time then yay its off to maintenance
    Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    Congratulations!
    Thank you!!
    Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congratulations on your success!

I have an Apple watch and I love it also. It's great to have the reminder to keep moving. I also use it for my runs. It's nice to have everything recorded in one place.

While I'm all for not spending too much money on clothes until you reach goal, I would suggest getting a view pieces of clothing. For me, it helped to have some new items like jeans to show me how far I've come. It also feels good to have clothes that fit to feel even better about your success.
    I am lucky enough to have had some clothes hoarded from my years of up and downs. I am now out of "small" clothes as all the smallest are too big. But I am able to steal from my 15 year old. She's taller than me but her pants fit so if I really need something smaller I can take hers. LOL.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast