Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    SO CUTE!!!!
    Thanks Yolymarie!! Every day when I do my hair I am so glad I got it cut. It is so much quicker to do and it looks so cute!
    SO CUTE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    You look fantastic!!!
    Thanks Jen! I am loving my new haircut!
    You look fantastic!!!
    Lori...totally get it. I go a few days without getting on sometimes because it seems like my life is busier than ever right now. But the thing I make time for without a doubt is my exercise. No backsliding here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I think our Mullets were a bad idea (in hindsight) even back then. Mine has fallen out heavily in the crown area, so I've gone to wigs. Short ones. Gray ones. Thank goodness I had some from 7+ years ago after one of my worst chemo fallouts!

And your eyes look huge, dewy and fantastic with your new short hair. Love it ladybug!
    LOL yes!! Mullets were always a bad idea. I was using a good product that kind of blended it. The hairdresser even said that my product was good at camouflaging it as she didn't see the shorter bits until I pulled them out. I am sooooo glad I did it. I feel 100% better about my hair. I did have to wait until the short bits were long enough to not be bald looking if I cut it.
    That is good that you have the wigs. Makes it easier to not have to worry about it. I am lucky that mine was never to the point that it looked bald just super thin and then the different lengths were it was growing back. I think the biotin really helped me bc I started taking it right away and my hair had gotten visibly way thicker. So when the hair loss started it was already thicker and when it thinned it was not as bad as if I had not already fattened it up.
    I am sure yours will grow in before you know it. They say the hair loss happens to 40% of WLS patients. The good thing is it does grow back and I have not heard of anyone saying that it was permanent. (Maybe it could be for someone but I have not seen anyone post that.)
    And thank you for the compliment. I feel like I look a lot more like my late mother with my hair short like this. Which makes me feel so much closer to her. It will be 3 years in August since I lost my mother. Still miss her everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Thanks so much Lori!! Hope you are doing well. I've missed you around here!
    Iím around.... just SO DANG BUSY, itís making me nuts. I have no time for anything EXCEPT my Zumba classes and walking! I get that in.
    I think our Mullets were a bad idea (in hindsight) even back then. Mine has fallen out heavily in the crown area, so I've gone to wigs. Short ones. Gray ones. Thank goodness I had some from 7+ years ago after one of my worst chemo fallouts!

And your eyes look huge, dewy and fantastic with your new short hair. Love it ladybug!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    I love the short hair on you Christie! Itís a great style!
    Thanks so much Lori!! Hope you are doing well. I've missed you around here!
    I love the short hair on you Christie! It’s a great style!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    So cute!
    Thanks Dale. I was really tired of the mullet look. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    oh my gaaawwwwddddd you look ADORABLE!!!!!! This totally suits your cute face, I knew it would. I love it Christie xxxxx
    Thanks so much Gwen! I am really, really glad I did it. It is so much more comfortable. So easy to style in the morning and feels great when working out.
    So cute!
    oh my gaaawwwwddddd you look ADORABLE!!!!!! This totally suits your cute face, I knew it would. I love it Christie xxxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryPG
    Bravo!! On your successes!! <3 <3
    I live in Texas too and totally relate to the teenage sports drama! It is more of a religion (not to offend anyone). Three of our 4 teenagers play sports and the other is a theater student (which is equally dramatic).
    My Fitness Pal is a great tool. I love that it has such a large food and restaurant database.

Your bright and beautiful smile says it all!
    Thank you. I have worked hard on those muscles. I have no bat wings despite the weight loss.
    Yeah, the sports is so competitive here and if your kid didn't start super young not much chance unless they are blessed with a natural talent. It doesn't help that her school is HUGE. They graduate around 900 per year. She did not make the dance team unfortunately. Now we will see if she decides to stay in pep or not. I feel for her. I think it is hard on her bc she keeps comparing to my teen years but I went to a small military HS overseas. I graduated with 36 other kids. It was easy to be on all the sports teams.
    Bravo!! On your successes!! <3 <3
    I live in Texas too and totally relate to the teenage sports drama! It is more of a religion (not to offend anyone). Three of our 4 teenagers play sports and the other is a theater student (which is equally dramatic).
    My Fitness Pal is a great tool. I love that it has such a large food and restaurant database.

Your bright and beautiful smile says it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    I love reading your posts since they're so inspiring! I need to start tracking my food again on MFP. I hate doing it!

Trail running is fun, isn't it? The weather is getting better where I live so I need to get back outside to run. The treadmill is convenient, but I miss the outdoors.

Keep the gun show and your posts coming!

Best,
    Jen
    Thanks Jen! I love reading your blogs as well. I especially love your brutal honesty. The good, the bad, the ugly. It is so refreshing.
    Yeah, I am still getting the hang of MFP but getting better and better about tracking. It is a bit tedious but I am getting better at adding my foods as I eat them.
    Yes, I love running outside wayyyyy better than on the treadmill. Don't get me wrong, when it is super cold I am totally on the treadmill. Luckily, our weather is pretty nice most of the time. Although this year has been exceptionally cold in Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Christie13, what a joyful post this morning! And you and your DH look wonderfully healthy. Having "life" in our years is a wondrful, positive change.

I used to run cross country (40 years ago, seriously) but I've not started regular exercise except walking yet.. It is certainly a reminder this morning that I need to get moving. Literally!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you Annie! We are happier and healthier than ever. We have so much fun working out together and being active. Such a change from laying in bed watching TV and eating candy. LOL.
    I love running and strength training. I know I am going to be able to maintain with no issues due to all the wonderful healthy habits I am creating.
    I love reading your posts since they're so inspiring! I need to start tracking my food again on MFP. I hate doing it!

Trail running is fun, isn't it? The weather is getting better where I live so I need to get back outside to run. The treadmill is convenient, but I miss the outdoors.

Keep the gun show and your posts coming!

Best,
    Jen
    Christie13, what a joyful post this morning! And you and your DH look wonderfully healthy. Having "life" in our years is a wondrful, positive change.

I used to run cross country (40 years ago, seriously) but I've not started regular exercise except walking yet.. It is certainly a reminder this morning that I need to get moving. Literally!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    LOL! Christie is using MFP?! Love it. It's really a great tool -- very, very educational.

And just amaze-balls here at everything else you typed. I love your pix. The one of you and your hubby is so sweet. How wonderful that you two have found new better ways of living life together. That trail sounds wonderful.

Oh, how I wish I could still run. But at 72 and the knees I'm left with (after a lifetime of hard living and too much weight bearing down on them, which were weren't all that great to begin with) it ain't gonna happen. But boy, oh boy, do I remember the running highs. Nothing like it.

Also, loved the "gun show" comment from your co-worker. Very cool comment.

Hahaha Ann! It is TOTALLY you're fault that I started using it. Then I was mad when my Apple watch wouldn't connect right to it. Now that they are working well together I love it even more. I do like knowing where I stand nutritionally. I haven't had any issues maintaining but definitely don't want to find myself clueless about what is going into my body.

I love running. Just simply love it. When I had to stop when my knees and hips were bothering me I was so worried I wouldn't be able to run again. Thankfully, with upping my vitamin D and strength training my legs I am back to running. Hopefully no more set backs.

Yes...I was so stoked about him mentioning it. I love the way they look but it is great when others notice. I worked hard for these bad boys. I am a freaking push up queen.
    CHRISTIE!!!! 6 pull ups!!!! errrrmygawd... I'm on one ;-)
    Love and thoughts and good vibes for sweet V I hope she makes it.. every finger is crossed! Everything is dramatic at that age! You look amazing peachy, the arms look great, I'm working on mine as a little bit of loose skin on the batwing area! xxxxx
    Yessssss!!!!! The strength training totally helped my wings! Hopefully I can eventually get some more improvement on my butt and legs.
    Thanks. I hope V gets it. She says she is ok if she doesn't but after she came home tonight from the first practice she seems totally excited. Ugh. Praying she makes it. I don't know if my heart can handle it if she doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    OMG, I remember those cheerleader/dance team tryout days. She typically made it, but if she didn't it was like the end of the world. Teenager drama!! But don't worry, then there's college and sorority drama....

You're looking great - keep it up!
    Yes. Teenager drama is so hard. Things are very competitive here in Texas. They take all their sports seriously. And she goes to a huge school. So...I am holding my breath and hoping it all works out. Gah...I can't handle more drama.

Thank you. I am loving my new strong physique.
    LOL! Christie is using MFP?! Love it. It's really a great tool -- very, very educational.

And just amaze-balls here at everything else you typed. I love your pix. The one of you and your hubby is so sweet. How wonderful that you two have found new better ways of living life together. That trail sounds wonderful.

Oh, how I wish I could still run. But at 72 and the knees I'm left with (after a lifetime of hard living and too much weight bearing down on them, which were weren't all that great to begin with) it ain't gonna happen. But boy, oh boy, do I remember the running highs. Nothing like it.

Also, loved the "gun show" comment from your co-worker. Very cool comment.
    CHRISTIE!!!! 6 pull ups!!!! errrrmygawd... I'm on one ;-)
    Love and thoughts and good vibes for sweet V I hope she makes it.. every finger is crossed! Everything is dramatic at that age! You look amazing peachy, the arms look great, I'm working on mine as a little bit of loose skin on the batwing area! xxxxx
    OMG, I remember those cheerleader/dance team tryout days. She typically made it, but if she didn't it was like the end of the world. Teenager drama!! But don't worry, then there's college and sorority drama....

You're looking great - keep it up!
    Thank you Sweatpea.
    Yayyyyyy Christie. Life is sweet peachy face xxxx
    Woohoo!! I am rocking the pull ups now. Whenever I get up and walk around my room I do a few. I can do 3 in a row now. Sounds like not much but dang they're hard. When I get up I can hold myself up for a long time. And I make sure not to use momentum.
    Yayyyyyy Christie. Life is sweet peachy face xxxx
    So glad to hear youíre doing well!! Keep up the good work-
    Youíre quite the inspiration .
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast