Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bell1246
    Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! You look great!!
    Thank you. I feel like a million bucks. So thankful for having gone through this journey!
    Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! You look great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elle77
    Wowwwwwww!!! you look AMAZING!!!!! ♥

Thanks Elle! I feel pretty damn good. Most of my "hangy" skin is tightening up. Especially on my arms and tummy. My thighs are still a work in progress.
    Wowwwwwww!!! you look AMAZING!!!!! ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Hey skinny girl! You look amazing!!
    Thanks Lori! Need to do some squats for my booty skin. LOL.
    I've been thinking how your trip went! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Looking wonderful!!!
    Hey skinny girl! You look amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I think my privacy settings for picture albums are for "friends" all others cannot view. Folks who are browsing without actual log in have less access to members... but I am not a hacker so who knows if pics are safe from lurkers.

Regarding collagen protein, studies I have read said that collagen only proves effective after continuous prolonged use, and these studies were done on joint and bone health and muscle repair not necessarily skin.

As someone who is about to be 50 years old, I know that whatever youthful appearance I may have (left) has been because of decades of a meticulous skincare routine and eating healthy often enough. Just keep up with what you are doing to be healthy overall, even if you cannot see a difference, in ten years you will know.
    I just went and adjusted my privacy settings!! Did not even think to check that. Only registered users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon74
    Congrats! You look awesome!
    Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    Lookin' good, Christine.

Isn't running so damned addictive?
    Now I got the vitamin D deficiency under control I am so glad to be back to running. Love it!!
    Congrats! You look awesome!
    Lookin' good, Christine.

Isn't running so damned addictive?
    You guys are probably right. Years of all the excess fat has probably not made me a very good judge of correct body size. LOL.
    Yep...I think those of us who have been fat for a great deal of our adult lives suffer from a little bit of body dysmorphia.

In no universe is 4'11" and 114 pounds considered too skinny. It's a sad sign of the times...since so many people in society are obese nowadays, we stick out like a sore thumb once we attain a normal body weight.

How many calories do you eat a day? I need about 2200 calories a day to maintain my weight of 118 pounds since I run 20 miles a week and do heavy weightlifting. Perhaps you may want to eat significantly more if you aren't already doing so.
    Christie, you're really short, right ... 4'11"? (Am I remembering that right?)

If your current sig block is right and you weigh 114 pounds (and you're really 4'11"), that's a BMI of 23.

I'm 5'5" and 135 pounds which is a BMI of 22.5. So if we're built alike (I'd say I'm a medium build) you are NOT too skinny.

I'm betting you're just getting used to what being normal weight looks like.

When I first got to 135 I thought I was skin and bones. A year and a half later I'm still 135 pounds and no longer think I'm skin and bones.
    Who was it that said , "you can never be too thin, or too rich."? LOL

I wouldnt worry, because you're still in that honeymoon period of 18 months, right? All the studies show that we will gain at least a little bit back after a couple of years down the road.

it takes a couple of years to lose all tat weight, it'll take a couple more to gain some back. At least thats what the " studies" show.

you know what ive been doing lately? I ask people how much they weigh! Yip, I do. When i see a woman my ht, that looks like a normal or too thin wt, i ask. I have a skewed view of what "normal" looks like after a lifetime of telling myself that its ok to be a little "chunky". I do the same thing with models and actresses. I look up their ht/wt. I know what "too skinny" looks like for my ht and i am no where near it, but my husb and family are telling me not to lose any more wt. i feel bones when i lie down, too, but thats just gravity at work on my flabby stuff, lol.

do people think Taylor Swift is too skinny? She wrighs 130 ish.....i weigh 161. We're the same ht. I work with a girl that weighs 135. So, while i am def waaaaay thinner than i have ever been, i am def not "too thin". The actress that played wonder woman in the recent movie is an inch taller than me and weighs 128. She is "too thin" in my opinion, but doesnt look sickly either
    Oh also, I know most Americans do not consume all parts of animal, but organs, other body parts like turkey necks/wings, oxtail, pigs feet and most sausages made from those undesirable parts, also fish like sardines are rich in collagen protein have always been. Before I came to the States I was forced to eat all of the above, well because it was the "cheaper" meat, but now I am kinda glad heehee!
    I think my privacy settings for picture albums are for "friends" all others cannot view. Folks who are browsing without actual log in have less access to members... but I am not a hacker so who knows if pics are safe from lurkers.

Regarding collagen protein, studies I have read said that collagen only proves effective after continuous prolonged use, and these studies were done on joint and bone health and muscle repair not necessarily skin.

As someone who is about to be 50 years old, I know that whatever youthful appearance I may have (left) has been because of decades of a meticulous skincare routine and eating healthy often enough. Just keep up with what you are doing to be healthy overall, even if you cannot see a difference, in ten years you will know.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You look amazing! How did you lose all that weight without any saggy skin? (Maybe because I'm 60 and you're not?!?) I look good in a 1 piece, but could never wear a bikini.
    Probably a lot is genetics?! Italians have good skin. I also think because of the exercise and supplements. (I take all my vitamins and also biotin.) Make sure I hydrate internally with water and externally with Moroccan oil lotion 2X a day. (Dr. A had a video saying that makes a big difference.) And I am only 43 (44 next month) so that helps as well. But thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    I just started taking biotin. Hope it works.. Feel like I am going BALD!
    It will help but it will still take time. I was taking 10,000 mcg 2X a day but now I am down to once a day.
    I just started taking biotin. Hope it works.. Feel like I am going BALD!
    I know the collagen has been big for skin in Japan for a long time. (I lived there from 2008-2011.) And if nothing else it's an extra bit of protein. I'm willing to try it. I know some people think the biotin is a crock. But I started taking it before the hair loss started and it was completely making a difference in my hair. It looked thicker to the point that my best friend, who I saw daily, even noticed it. So I'm ok with giving it a go. I doubt anyone scouring for pictures will look in each blog so I feel ok with that. Too many meanies out there to leave it where it's easily accessible though.
    I've looked hard for any actual (non-anecdotal, non-marketing promo) research on collagen, which is the new "it" supplement. I haven't found any.

I also think it's smart to guard our online privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Gosh, Christie -- you're such a tornado of energy!

What a great role model you've become. I love all your posts here and how supportive you are to all.

You and your hubby will rock the half-marathon. Respect!
    Thanks Ann!! I had some pretty great role models on here like YOU! Absolutely love your advice and straight shooting! As for the marathon, that is my next big post sleeve goal and am SOOOOO excited about it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    You have done fantastic! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, and the upcoming Rock n Roll marathon. (My sister does these). Love your pictures!
    Thanks Lori!! I am soooooo excited about it. It has been my goal but having actually paid our registration has made it real. YAY!!
    Gosh, Christie -- you're such a tornado of energy!

What a great role model you've become. I love all your posts here and how supportive you are to all.

You and your hubby will rock the half-marathon. Respect!
    You have done fantastic! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, and the upcoming Rock n Roll marathon. (My sister does these). Love your pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI118
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! you are an inspiration!
    Thank you. Congrats on your surgery!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Christie you are adorable and I love your posts and blogs so much!!!! It is inspiring to see your transformation. Thank you for all the advise and support you provide to everyone along the way too!!!! You are ROCKING IT GIRL!!!!!! (Big HUGS) xoxoxoxo
    Thanks so much Gigi! This forum has really helped me because people who have not been through it can't really understand and probably get tired of hearing us talk about it. Big hugs back at ya! xoxoxoxox
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! you are an inspiration!
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast