Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I'm glad your car accident was not serious! we had a few over the years, was never our fault but I got injured badly in one of them. Same thing, rear ended, but with a higher speed and my cervicals were damaged. At least you are ok, that's the most important!
    Enjoy your watch! seems fun!
    I also use breaks to take a little walk here and there. Usually I go get myself a drink.
    My hair got weird and frizzy at some point too, but it's better now. I still think I should get a pixie cut but maintenance would be too complicated right now..
    Quote Originally Posted by jcook2
    Oh my- good thing it wasn't a serious accident! You look radiantly happy in your profile picture. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I feel great! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! It is an amazing journey!
    Oh my- good thing it wasn't a serious accident! You look radiantly happy in your profile picture. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Don't fret! I had chronic constipation through about 4-5 months. Seriously, I never thought I would be normal again. I got the squatty step stool about two weeks postop, it worked for a while but constipation came back. I love it irregardless! I did abdominal massages every morning to help the movement, that helped too. It wasn't until I was 80-90% on solid food, and using Triple Organic Fiber that life changed for me. I have been going regularly since about 5-6 months.

Life is good!!!
    Oh that is sooooo good to hear. I was wondering if I would ever poop again normally. I really needed to hear that. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. I get miserable sometimes. So hopefully not too much longer since I am 20 weeks today!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidoze
    I also have a squatty potty and love it! I have had mine for a couple of years and it does really help when you are having trouble going. I get my sleeve surgery tomorrow and I'm so glad that it will be of some help after the surgery.
    I love it!! Yeah, constipation is no joke after surgery. I take stool softeners every day and still struggle. Good luck on your sleeve!! If you need any support or have any questions let me know!
    I also have a squatty potty and love it! I have had mine for a couple of years and it does really help when you are having trouble going. I get my sleeve surgery tomorrow and I'm so glad that it will be of some help after the surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaNavigator
    The squatty potty commercials are hilarious. You can find them on YouTube. I am a big believer in the squatty too! 😀
    ✨sometimes it does feel like a Rainbow 🌈 ✨
    Don't fret! I had chronic constipation through about 4-5 months. Seriously, I never thought I would be normal again. I got the squatty step stool about two weeks postop, it worked for a while but constipation came back. I love it irregardless! I did abdominal massages every morning to help the movement, that helped too. It wasn't until I was 80-90% on solid food, and using Triple Organic Fiber that life changed for me. I have been going regularly since about 5-6 months.

Life is good!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaNavigator
    The squatty potty commercials are hilarious. You can find them on YouTube. I am a big believer in the squatty too! 😀
    I'm going to have to look them up. LOL!
    The squatty potty commercials are hilarious. You can find them on YouTube. I am a big believer in the squatty too! ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I am not losing daily now. To go from 140 to 139 took me 9 days. And I am ok with that. I just like to know where I stand.
    I mean once a day why not, but reading several times per day got me really worried. I'm glad if you cope well with one pound in 9 days. Anyway you are not far from goal so I guess that's very normal and expected at that stage. But I wouldn't be surprised if you lost a little more than 18 pounds...
    Quote Originally Posted by peasantme
    I also weigh myself at least once a day. It keeps me legal and focused. The act of doing it is like going to church. It keeps my mind in the right place...

Yup. I totally get it. I think when the weight does move it is like I just won a prize. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I weigh myself first thing every morning, as I'm maintaining, have been for three years this summer. Like you said, I don't want some 30 pound surprise down the road! I'd rather have a 1 or 2 pound surprise and deal with it right away.

While losing, I would NOT recommend the daily weighing. It drives you crazy, as there are always some stalls.
    I have hit stalls and I have not let them get to me. I know they are part of this process. I am ok with that. I have 18 lbs to goal and I am assuming it is going to take me a while to get there. I am very realistic about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    Christie, I'm with you. I weigh myself everyday. I weigh first thing in the morning butt naked after I've peed. I am religious about it. I am 28 months post op, and I've only very recently become lax about it on the weekends because I divide my time between the apartment where I take care of my disabled daughter during the week (where my scale is) and my house on the weekend (no scale here). I used to take my scale with me! I would take it on trips. I even forgot it in a hotel room once and ran right out to buy another one when I realized it several states away.

I am a junk food junkie. I am astonished that I have yet to gain back any weight, so I have to have it just to make sure because I know that time is coming eventually. If and when that time does come, I won't be one of those ones that says "Oh no, 30 pounds just snuck up on me." Nope, I'll be able to nip that shit in the bud right from the get go. Call it obsessive, I care not. At least I won't be crying because I've let my weight sneak back up on me.
    Yes!! I need to know where I am and I am definitely not going to gain 30+ lbs before I get a hold of myself. I want to be able get back on track the minute I get past my max allowable weight. I am still not at goal but I am thinking long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Several times a day is obsessive (or compulsive?) and useless because you should weight at the same time each day (morning before breakfast, after using the bathroom) to have a clear picture. If you use your scale once or twice a week you're not going to gain 30 pounds in between, that's impossible.
    Because I'm 14 months out now, I see that my scale is static for weeks. I'm not avoiding it. I just check once or twice a week but there's not surprises so far. It doesn't mean that I'm going to avoid my scale because I'm not on it everyday. But I would certainly not spend my day jumping on my scale because there's other things to focus on. What I put in my mouth is more important than what the scale say anyway. I could have water retention because it TOM of I had too much salt in my food at the restaurant. So one day of feeling bad about it is not worth it especially because two days later it would be gone.
    Now, I understand where you're coming from because after years of failing with my "weight control" (or not crashing into a brick wall each time I had pneumonia and gained 20 pounds just with the medication), at first when I had stalls or even when I regained weight after taking the medication in June, I felt like a failure. But I soon realized that taking a step back and just fallowing the rules was really more helpful than stressing out about something I couldn't control. A few days after gaining the weight (thanks corticoids!) it was all gone with a bonus.
    I'm glad that my scale didn't control me during that time because I really had mixed feelings.
    After a few months you're not going to lose every day or even every week. So I might be wrong but I think it's might be healthier not to depend on your scale several times a day.
    You're doing great, losing weight is going to continue for months. Regain usually comes after one year/18 months. Enjoy your honey moon and don't stress out with that scale, it's not worth it!
    Focus on what's positive since you lost weight, not your scale. Because you're worth it.
    I am not losing daily now. To go from 140 to 139 took me 9 days. And I am ok with that. I just like to know where I stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by peasantme
    I work in a hospital, the toilet stool thing really works even though a lot of people laugh at the idea.
    I also had a day of tempting foods and did terrible. Not anything like before surgery but I fell off my planned food for the day and picked at things I didnt intend to eat....awful. And I have to say lots of foods dont temp me at all anymore. But today I picked at things and that is bad behavior I need to nip in the bud fast. I admire your strength.
    Yes!!! I love it and was so happy to get my squatty potty. My husband made fun of me. I told my boss at work about it and he asked me if I pooped soft serve like the unicorn in the commercial. I actually have not seen the commercial since we record everything and fast forward to through the commercials. But I did laugh when he said that.
    I can usually resist temptation pretty well. Occasionally I will indulge in a bit because I am human. I try my best to avoid it though.
    What you described looks like urticaria.
    What I noticed post op, since I was not taking my omegas for months, is that my skin was really dry. It got itchy a lot. But since you get your rash after exercise, I would assume that your lipid barrier from you skin is gone as well and that your skin react to your own sweat. Try to use a lotion before exercising and see if there's any difference...I used a gel with aloe vera and tea tree oil post op to smooth the skin but also keep bacteria way (lot's of mold in the air here).
    I seriously thought I was losing my mind. LOL. I will try that tomorrow and see if it helps.
    I also weigh myself at least once a day. It keeps me legal and focused. The act of doing it is like going to church. It keeps my mind in the right place...
    I work in a hospital, the toilet stool thing really works even though a lot of people laugh at the idea.
    I also had a day of tempting foods and did terrible. Not anything like before surgery but I fell off my planned food for the day and picked at things I didnt intend to eat....awful. And I have to say lots of foods dont temp me at all anymore. But today I picked at things and that is bad behavior I need to nip in the bud fast. I admire your strength.
    What you described looks like urticaria.
    What I noticed post op, since I was not taking my omegas for months, is that my skin was really dry. It got itchy a lot. But since you get your rash after exercise, I would assume that your lipid barrier from you skin is gone as well and that your skin react to your own sweat. Try to use a lotion before exercising and see if there's any difference...I used a gel with aloe vera and tea tree oil post op to smooth the skin but also keep bacteria way (lot's of mold in the air here).
    I weigh myself first thing every morning, as I'm maintaining, have been for three years this summer. Like you said, I don't want some 30 pound surprise down the road! I'd rather have a 1 or 2 pound surprise and deal with it right away.

While losing, I would NOT recommend the daily weighing. It drives you crazy, as there are always some stalls.
    Christie, I'm with you. I weigh myself everyday. I weigh first thing in the morning butt naked after I've peed. I am religious about it. I am 28 months post op, and I've only very recently become lax about it on the weekends because I divide my time between the apartment where I take care of my disabled daughter during the week (where my scale is) and my house on the weekend (no scale here). I used to take my scale with me! I would take it on trips. I even forgot it in a hotel room once and ran right out to buy another one when I realized it several states away.

I am a junk food junkie. I am astonished that I have yet to gain back any weight, so I have to have it just to make sure because I know that time is coming eventually. If and when that time does come, I won't be one of those ones that says "Oh no, 30 pounds just snuck up on me." Nope, I'll be able to nip that shit in the bud right from the get go. Call it obsessive, I care not. At least I won't be crying because I've let my weight sneak back up on me.
    Several times a day is obsessive (or compulsive?) and useless because you should weight at the same time each day (morning before breakfast, after using the bathroom) to have a clear picture. If you use your scale once or twice a week you're not going to gain 30 pounds in between, that's impossible.
    Because I'm 14 months out now, I see that my scale is static for weeks. I'm not avoiding it. I just check once or twice a week but there's not surprises so far. It doesn't mean that I'm going to avoid my scale because I'm not on it everyday. But I would certainly not spend my day jumping on my scale because there's other things to focus on. What I put in my mouth is more important than what the scale say anyway. I could have water retention because it TOM of I had too much salt in my food at the restaurant. So one day of feeling bad about it is not worth it especially because two days later it would be gone.
    Now, I understand where you're coming from because after years of failing with my "weight control" (or not crashing into a brick wall each time I had pneumonia and gained 20 pounds just with the medication), at first when I had stalls or even when I regained weight after taking the medication in June, I felt like a failure. But I soon realized that taking a step back and just fallowing the rules was really more helpful than stressing out about something I couldn't control. A few days after gaining the weight (thanks corticoids!) it was all gone with a bonus.
    I'm glad that my scale didn't control me during that time because I really had mixed feelings.
    After a few months you're not going to lose every day or even every week. So I might be wrong but I think it's might be healthier not to depend on your scale several times a day.
    You're doing great, losing weight is going to continue for months. Regain usually comes after one year/18 months. Enjoy your honey moon and don't stress out with that scale, it's not worth it!
    Focus on what's positive since you lost weight, not your scale. Because you're worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notoriousbig
    Totally relate to your story hon. Like you, my work covered surgery and I haven't told hardly anyone about it. Great job Christie!

Thanks Alvin! I think there is such a negative stigma on WLS and I am not going to let anyone rain on my parade. I am happy and healthy and my business is just that! You are rocking your weight loss Alvin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Congratulations Christy, I love my sleeve too. Thanks for sharing. I can relate to what you shared. Can't wait to be lighter than my 5' 7 husband. Won't belong. Continued success.
    Thanks Tamera! The sleeve has literally been a life saver! I am physically and emotionally so much healthier!
    Totally relate to your story hon. Like you, my work covered surgery and I haven't told hardly anyone about it. Great job Christie!
    Congratulations Christy, I love my sleeve too. Thanks for sharing. I can relate to what you shared. Can't wait to be lighter than my 5' 7 husband. Won't belong. Continued success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpmlvm
    Christie13,
    You were the first person my wife and I read about on this forum, it was the day of Laura's VSG, we had no real program planned, just the 2 surgeries 10 days apart. 19 weeks WOW, we are weeks 12 and 13 PO we do not yet have those amazing results that you and Greg have accomplished but we are both almost 40 pounds down. We have stalled after the initial 8 weeks of dropping weight, maybe the body decided we needed to hold for a while. Anyway, best wishes to you and your family. We know, eat more protein, drink more water, exercise more..... Everyone Have a Great Day........ 224 this morning......
    Thank you so much. I am glad to hear you and Laura are doing well. The stalls are normal. Happens to everyone. You will eventually bust out of them. Just gotta figure out what is the trigger behind your stalls. I know when I eat too little I stall. Also, I know everyone says they avoid the scale because it is stressful. I weigh regularly. I don't obsess about it but I do like to see where I stand. Also, I eat low carb 90% of the time. For me it helps. I know a lot of people don't eat low carb.
    When not on a diet I was eating more than my husband too, always hungry too. I felt really ashamed of it and even if I know now than it was really my metabolism talking and not a weakness, it is still a bad memory.
    Many people outside just see how we look better but don't understand than the most important for us is to feel better in our own skin. Because carrying around so much extra weight each day is a real burden.
    But I'm not surprised that you decided to do the surgery because of adds on the radio. More and more I notice that bariatric patients receive no support from doctors and find their way to bariatric surgery by themselves.
    Enjoy your honey moon period! Losing the weight is really a great boost for our self esteem! And you are doing very good for yourself! congrats!

Thank you Sandra! I think the biggest thing is that a lot of doctor's don't recommend it because a lot of insurance does not cover it. I feel so blessed that mine did. One of the things that the company advertised was "expert insurance negotiators". So even though I was not sure my insurance covered it, I figured it couldn't hurt to find out as the consult was free.
    Christie13,
    You were the first person my wife and I read about on this forum, it was the day of Laura's VSG, we had no real program planned, just the 2 surgeries 10 days apart. 19 weeks WOW, we are weeks 12 and 13 PO we do not yet have those amazing results that you and Greg have accomplished but we are both almost 40 pounds down. We have stalled after the initial 8 weeks of dropping weight, maybe the body decided we needed to hold for a while. Anyway, best wishes to you and your family. We know, eat more protein, drink more water, exercise more..... Everyone Have a Great Day........ 224 this morning......
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast