Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

1. Great date night with the husband and Christmas shopping

Last night was our annual date night in Nashville Tn with Christmas shopping for the kids today. It was absolutely wonderful!!! We got all dressed up and went to eat at Sperry’s in Cool Springs. I ate the best steak I have EVER had!! 8oz filet mignon. I could only eat half and I told my husband that before surgery I would have eaten every last bit and wished for more, but I stuck to my routine and stopped eating when my body told me to. (I typically hiccup just before I get to the point of being ...
  2. Learning from Eminem

I, like most of you, listen to music while exercising. Today a song came on while I was on the treadmill and it caught my attention and made me really listen to the words. We listen to all genres of music. Seriously- rock, rap country, R&B, classical, Opera, oldies... you name it and we typically know a song or two. Tonight, Eminem’s “Not Afraid” came on and really hit home with me. (Btw, if you listen to the song be prepared fo foul language). I know that he sang it about his drug/alcohol ...
  3. Tis the season!!

So, I have been so busy I have not had much time to get on here, but I wanted to drop in and give updates.

I am 2 1/2 months out from surgery and I am seeing the changes now. Before I knew in my head that there were changes, but when I looked in the mirror all I saw was the old fat self. Luckily my husband has been very generous at helping with that. He sends me texts periodically of pictures of me from years ago that I didn’t even know he had with a side by side pic of the new me. ...
  4. Small victories

I weighed myself today and I am no longer in the “Obese” BMI category. I am officially just “overweight”!!! I am weighing 168 pounds and dropping!!!

I tell you, I have never felt better!! I am jogging every other night which is something I haven’t done since high school, I am actually getting restful sleep each night which makes my days go much better, and I am getting tons of compliments on how great and how much healthier I look. 😁

My mom and sister have ...
  5. C25k

I know this is a little premature, but last night my husband and I signed up for the Turkey Trot that is in Thanksgiving day. It's a 5K fundraiser in our town and I'm super excited to complete it. The best thing about it is that it isn't competitive. You just go at your own pace. However, no one wants to be dead last, so I downloaded the Couch to 5K app to prepare myself. I know that I don't have a lot of time to get ready because the app takes 9 weeks and several people said they had to repeat ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast