Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Busybee

1. Seeing old friends

In twelve hours I will be leaving to drive from Baton Rouge, to Atlanta. I will be seeing old friends at a dog show that I have not seen since this time last year. One month presleeve. In October I went to the Great Dane National Specialty Show and saw a bunch of old friends but after this weekend I guess all of my friends from around the dog show circuit will have seen the new me!!!! I am a little nervous. I can't wait to see old friends. Wish me luck and if y'all think about it say a little ...
  2. 11 Months post op

Eleven months ago today my tummy and I parted company. On the day of surgery I was 264 pounds and wearing an 18 womens jeans and a 22/24 shirt. Today I bought the first pair of skinny jeans I've ever owned I usually by boot cut and have been buying a size 4 but today I wanted a pair of the jeans called skinny cut. I bought a size 2 Calvin Klein!!!!!!! I also marked the 11 month milestone with trying a food I have not tried since surgery. Raising Cane's chicken fingers. They are the bomb. I ...
  3. Nsv!!!!!

I have been involved in breeding and showing great danes for more than 12 years. All this time I have taken my dogs to the same veterinary practice. There are 4 vets in the practice, a husband and wife team that started the practice 25 years ago along with one vet who has been a partner for the past 6 years and a new vet just out of school. Last week one of my grand dogs, a chihuahua, do not ask me why, needed to go the the vet. I took him in. When Dr Lynn came in to the room she looked at ...
  4. Goal!!!!!

Notice my ticker! It says I have arrived! 9 1/2 months ago I was sleeved. I weighed in at 264 that morning. This morning my scale had my magic number. 115 pounds gone. I have lost 125 pounds from my highest weight. The thing that I have a hard time grasping is that is the weight of my 18 month old great dane puppy. I would not attempt to pick her up, but I carried that amount of weight with me EVERYWHERE I went for a whole lot of years. Couldn't have been healthy. No wonder I have so much ...
  5. 9 Months post op

This week I had the check up with my surgeon. I was 9 months out as of November 28th. I have lost 112 pounds. WOW !!!!! I got the results of the bloodword they did at my 6 month check up. I am thrilled to report that everything is perfect, HDL/LDL, triglycerides, no vitamin deficencies. And my iron was in the high normal range. 2 years before surgery I was anemic and my pcp considered putting me in the hospital if it did not come up. Now my iron is great. I have also gone from 51 % bodyfat ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast