Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Ladies, let's "get it together" together!

I need more like a HEAD and HEART reset! We know that not all calories are created equal! And we know that it is just not about WHAT we eat, but HOW we eat. Do we eat mindfully? or are we eating when we are bored? Or on the run? Or distracted? Or when we are eating for pleasure or distracting ourselves from dealing with emotions???

Pouch reset is a good idea on so many levels, one it will give us a chance (at least me) to detox from the carb and sugar overload, and to get back on track on eating clean and mindfully.

Here is what my plan for the next week looks like:

- Log food (after a hiatus I have been logging my food again, I am on day 9)
    - Keep my calorie intake between 950-1100 calories.
    - Drink at least 80oz of water, and take my multivitamin
    - 3 straight days of liquids including low carb protein shakes and bone broths with protein.
    - ---> Followed by 3 days of soft foods including eggs, some cottage cheese, tofu, soups with protein and with low sugar vegetables.
    - ----->Followed by a week of protein, salads with low glycemic vegetables and some sprouted lentils, quinoa or beans, and nuts (homemade dressing of olive oil and lemon and dry mustard)
    - 30-45 minutes of fast paced walking every day.

This plan is to get take back some responsibility and stay accountable.

Let me know if y'all have any ideas.
    I need a pouch reset too!
    I'm having trouble staying on plan, too.
    I decided to make daily intentions instead of resolutions as they resonate "failure" because I never seem to keep them. I actually did a support group topic about the difference between intentions and resolutions. So far, so good!
    Shirl, you know this is just a temporary "funk" and this too shall pass. As Ann said, "you're one of the tough and committed ones." Continued success
    You gals are beautiful! Thank you for bringing smiles and laughter to my day!

It's Full-Moon, and 27 days since the first day of mens. very uncommon for me. Maybe signs of perimenopause?

I wouldn't mind a glass of wine! It's 5 o'clock somewhere Lol!
    Our crazy hormones do give us bad days!
    I wish I was in CA right now, we would meet for coffee and laugh about our misery ;-)
    Each time I move, the first year can be tense because of "new everything/new complicated". Here on top you have your new sleeve to worry about. But look, don't stress out, you are doing wonderful!
    Take care! XX
    LOL at sraebaer!

Shirl, you are a tough mudder. You know you are.
    Feel better. Maybe a glass of wine?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    Hang in there Shirl. When you're going through a blaa period it's rough, but this too will pass. HUGS
    Thank you, Leslie! Hugs are needed and appreciated!

I do kinda sorta feel better.

I saw the Bariatric surgeon, for my 8mo post op follow up. My labs came back perfect! He congratulated me for a great job so far and encouraged me to keep up what I am doing. I will see him again at 12mo post op in May. Then it will be an annual check up.

I am feeling a little less stressed.

Thank you again!

Hugs to you!

xoxoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    Gym is always nuts and crowded this time of year. New Year's Resolutioners. Give it a couple more weeks and will be back to normal. As for going off from multiple frustrations I can relate. I hate being given a window because I would have to take the day off from teaching to be there, and I positively loathe the condescending tone, especially when I am helping to keep that person employed not doing them a favour. Sounds like you have an early case of the February blahs.
    Yea it dawned on me that it was all the NY Resolutions goers.

I know right! I was going to dish out good money! And not only because my mom was in the service industry, but I am almost a generous tipper. I had made a pot of my special coffee to offer them :-/

I never heard of the February blahs lol!

Thank you for your listening ear!

xoxoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Awww, Shirly-Poo. I'm sad you're all discombobulated. I'd bet a donut, though, that it's pms hormones.

what gym do you go to? is your contract up soon, maybe? I'm thinking maybe a less popular gym would be an idea, one that is isn't packed at any time
    Discombobulated LOL! Yep!

I know it is the hormones. I just want to crawl out my skin!

I have Gold's Gym, and I pay super cheap because I've had it for years, I also have a YMCA membership on freeze, but I know that will be even more crowded this time of the year.

We also have an elliptical machine at home so no excuses lol! Except that we lost the electrical plug and to work it manually I only last 5 minutes at that... hmmm.

Thanks PamG! you are always so sweet!

xoxoxo
    Hang in there Shirl. When you're going through a blaa period it's rough, but this too will pass. HUGS
    Gym is always nuts and crowded this time of year. New Year's Resolutioners. Give it a couple more weeks and will be back to normal. As for going off from multiple frustrations I can relate. I hate being given a window because I would have to take the day off from teaching to be there, and I positively loathe the condescending tone, especially when I am helping to keep that person employed not doing them a favour. Sounds like you have an early case of the February blahs.
    Awww, Shirly-Poo. I'm sad you're all discombobulated. I'd bet a donut, though, that it's pms hormones.

what gym do you go to? is your contract up soon, maybe? I'm thinking maybe a less popular gym would be an idea, one that is isn't packed at any time
    Have you tried pickled okra? That helps me when I just want to chew something. 2 pickled okra are 350mg of sodium. I don't have to watch sodium so much so I eat these on occasion.
    Shirl, From the day I joined the forum you have been a bright spot in my experience here. I joined in May just a few weeks I think from your surgery. You have been so informative, present and motivating. Those qualities that I get to see must just be the tip of your impressive arsenal! I have tremendous confidence in you. You will figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Are there any healthy options you wouldn't mind munching on such as raw veggies?? At least you are aware that you are falling back to some bad habits so you can put an end to it now. Make sure you are weighing yourself regularly enough and hold yourself accountable to any weight gain so you don't spiral out of control. Good luck.
    Thank you, Christie!

I have lowered my whole grain bread intake again and I feel like I'm going through withdrawals. But luckily I have reached for the carrot and celery sticks.

I'm going to do my best to eat cleaner this upcoming week.
    Are there any healthy options you wouldn't mind munching on such as raw veggies?? At least you are aware that you are falling back to some bad habits so you can put an end to it now. Make sure you are weighing yourself regularly enough and hold yourself accountable to any weight gain so you don't spiral out of control. Good luck.
    Congrats!!! You look amazing....
    Happy 7 months!! Glad to hear you're doing so well. Great job continuing to work your sleeve!! Happy holidays!!
    Do it!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    You look great! Congrats.
    Congratulations on your journey! And thanks for the warning / reminder about triggers.
    Definitely miss the sage advice from all y'all!

Still working on those applications so hopefully I can check in more regularly.

Sending immense love to each of you and wishing you a beautiful end of the year celebrations!
    I'm so happy for you way to go! Size 10!!
    Shirl, congrats on all your many successes. Very good to hear how positive this journey is for you. You're an adventurous soul. Keep exploring the world! (How could you not?)
    Thanks for the update Shirl!
    I'm glad you are doing great!
    As for the relationship...may be give it time. My husband worked for three years in an other country, when we all got back together it was difficult. He was used to be by himself and couldn't stand the noise....3 kids do make noise...
    I mean...we do change a lot on the outside, it's also complicated for the people around us. They kind of lose us somewhere...men are visual creatures...I know my husband needed time and he is so worried about my health...sometimes for no reason! Of course my health has been complicated since he knows me (and me met in HS!) but now I can see that because I lost weight and look so different...he is even more worried than before...and now is better for my health than before!
    Anyway...may be it's just a question of time...best wishes! take care!
    @Kindle that's funny you say that because my daughters are here for two weeks over the Thanksgiving holiday and yesterday both kept commenting that their clothes felt tighter. They wanted to sample every restaurant in our radius and then some and they nearly did! (One left yesterday and the other leaving tomorrow )

Funny thing was that I took them everywhere, at first they would be concerned that I was not ordering a regular meal, but after a few outings I would eat a bite or two off their plate. Some meals were just too large for them too.

For Thanksgiving we cooked and baked everything, and at mealtime I was so not interested in
    food or drink. I did eat turkey and ham until my heart was content (by that I mean tummy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Nice to hear from you. Glad you are busy living your new normal life.

As for skipping sizes, I discovered we go through them a lot faster at the lower sizes. Heck, my 20/22s could handle a good 30 pounds up or down, while the 6/7s feel drastically different with as little as a 5 pound fluctuation. Makes it easy to monitor small gains without ever even stepping on a scale.
    I never could understand when a little person would say they gained 5 or 10 lbs and their clothes didn't fit. I still haven't experienced that, but I haven't bought many smaller sizes yet. Went from 2xl to L in scrubs (but still wearing my XLs) and bought one new pair of jeans, but that's all so far...oh! And one shirt that was an XL, but in the regular section, not the plus sizes.

I think I'm afraid to spend too much.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast