Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. 13 Month Post-Op & 75lbs gone!

I am chugging along, and absolutely no regrets for choosing this path.

I am still learning and adjusting to being a "sleeved person" in a non-sleeved world. Eating is less complicated now, not that it really was, I am able to eat just about anything. I still eat in small portions just like my nutritionist taught me... serve yourself a 1/4 cup and you still feel hungry get another 1/4 cup.

My lifelong adjustment now is that I can easily eat 3 oz of lean meat ...
  2. New Year! New Haircut! New me!

Reposting edited version from a thread about "Hair loss fear...."

I celebrated my One-year Sleeversary with a wonderful day at the spa where I had a much needed facial and massage. Yesterday I had a complete hair makeover I went for brighter highlights and went for a super short style!

For me shorter hair means more maintenance because my hair is naturally wavy and I'm hoping this version of a pixie cut will work whether I straighten it or just wash and go. ...
  3. One-Year Sleeversary notes and thoughts

Recovery Time:

Post surgery I recuperated very quickly, too quickly, I felt great and energetic. I started walking immediately, taking 5-10 minutes walks every hour I was awake the first three days, and gradually increasing until I was walking 30-45 minutes straight. I started low-impact cardiovascular exercise after my one-week post-op check-up. While walking is highly recommended immediately post-op (mainly to avoid blood clots and to assist the CO2 left over from surgery), there ...
  4. 11-Month Sleeversary whaaaat!?!

Seriously! I'm in denial that 11 months have gone by! Maybe because part if me (and this is something my therapist told me to work on because I feel amazing otherwise!) I may not reach my first weight goal so that makes me feels somesort of way. Head games and stinking thinking make feel like I could have done better. But FUCK that! I am human and unlearning so many food related bad behaviors learned over my lifetime!!! And I need to be proud of the strides I have made in this short period of time! ...
  5. Expanding support and making life long sleeved friends...

Today was a special day! I had an opportunity to meet another Gastric Sleeve Forum member in person, and left me with such a wonderful and hopeful feeling as I looked to the long future ahead and wondered if I would have to experience being sleeved in a nonsleeved world practically alone. I mean there is just so much our nonsleeved family and friends can or are willing to hear. And the forum is a great support system, but it was a blessing and a privilege to actually connect with another sleeved ...
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast