Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. Seriously "Tape your butt!!" If you don't you'll regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Hoping that subject line grabs attention

Seriously, after surgery get a tape measure, measure your thigh, around your butt (female), your waste line, navel, chest, shoulders (men), and right arm.

Measure ONCE A WEEK.

When you hit your 3 week stall, or the scale is giving you fits because it will not move, the tape will stop the fretting over the scale.

Least week I lost 1 lb, 3 week stall coming to an end. But I lost 3 total inches
  2. Two-Week-Sleevesary and Next Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
    I can't believe it has been two weeks, and it's surreal to me that I'm sleeved.

I'm doing excellent relatively speaking, nothing major to complain about health wise. Just my energy seems to have slowed down.

Yesterday I got on the elliptical and was only able to do 5min., got on the treadmill instead I was pooped by minute 11 on there.

I'm meeting, sometimes passing my protein goals, I'm taking in about a liter and half of water, my goal is two for
  3. The Protein Thermogenesis and Satiety Issue (Also Personal Taste Test)

So... I just read a post from someone asking why we need high protein? And so to not to go on deaf ears I have decided to share some of my own research on the subject.

According to the research I have found as bariatric surgery patients we are at risk for malnutrition, but the risk lowers with gastric sleeve patients as our chances of malabsorption is low.

I have read that one of the reasons we need high protein pre-op it is because it increases thermogenesis in our ...
  4. Life goes on...

So this telling not anyone about the surgery came back to bite me in the ass because now I have to go back to work. I took a hiatus for finals, and now almost four weeks later I received an adamant written note from my very sweet supervisor about needed to get back to work, or she'd be forced to cancel my contract. My job is quite easy, but it can be mentally draining, and I have to go to people's homes which mean I have to drive there. I used to love to drive. I am dreading it tomorrow. I ...
  5. My Food Phases

Hey If anyone is interested below are my food phases as prescribed by my surgeon and dietitian. These are for guideline only.

- ALL STAGES:

- 1 to 2 liters of water daily (no water during meals avoid 20-30 min prior or after meals)
    - Take 2 chewable multivitamin in the morning
    - Take B12, VitD, Biotin liquid or chewable supplements at noon
    - Take Calcium chewable supplements in the evening

Phase 1 (day 2 to day 10) Liquid Diet: ...
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast