Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. Day 6 Post-Op... It's a Doozy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
    2am - I woke up, my head and neck throbbing and feeling kind of numb. I am still sleeping sitting up for cautionary purposes, my instruction said for first day only. I decide to toss one of my six pillows that have been prompting me up, feeling better and comfy... I went back to sleep.

3am - I woke up chocking on stomach acid!!! I'm freaking! I'm all alone! I jump up! My throat is BURNING! I go get a sip of water and take decide to take the Omeprazole 40 mg because I remembered that
  2. Head Hunger???

Well, I am 5 days out from gastric sleeve surgery, and while the first couple of days seemed like they would never end, I survived. I sipped on water every 30 minutes, took sips of Premier Protein with meds, and I was able to sip on the rest of container by the end of the first day.

I mix 2 scoops of extra protein on the Premier shake and divide it into three servings and sip on those at set meal times. I also sip on miso and bone marrow broth in the evening; my mug holds just a ...
  3. Vitamix Blender Recipes

I was about to buy a bunch of "bariatric soups" and noticed all the chemicals and dehydronated ingredients. Most had some whey concentrate product.

I have cooked soup in my Vitamix before, so I was like let me see if there are any tasty soups I can make tomorow, and I found this one! I am so excited!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Ingredients

1 cup (240 ml) skim or low-fat milk
    1/2 cup (38 g) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese ...
  4. Just One Day To Go!!! But...

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
    So I am kind of worried, actually, I am very worried. Yesterday was day 1 of my 3-day clear liquid diet, and I messed up. I messed up real big time! I was fixing dinner around 5 p.m. for my long-distance partner who was here for my graduation. (I finally told him that I am having the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, after the initial shock and telling me that I didn't need it and that I was perfect, he said he would support any decision I make, and that he would go on the lifestyle change with me.)
  5. How it feels to be 48 y.o.

Pretty much the same as 47 y.o. except on my mind, there is a question of what it will be to be a healthy and slender weight? actually, I had not thought about it until my mom asked me while we were at Costco buying my premier shakes, and a lady about my same height 5'6"-5'7" was standing next to me.

I thought she was way too thin and fragile looking, and to be honest a bit snotty. I am a big bone, curvy, voluptuous woman. This is the woman I have learned to accept and ...
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast