Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

1. Anyone changed their surgeon in middle of preop???

I was wondering if anyone changed their surgeon in the middle of preop jumps and hoops.

I have called and sent several emails to my surgeon's office about updates, and it's been a week and I have not had any responses from anyone. I had my initial bariatric surgeon appointment about a week before Thanksgiving, he said his office in my city would call me to set appointments to move forward. I had the psych eval the following week. But December came and I had not heard from diatician ...
  2. A God sent gift on my worse day through preop

Thank you Kindle for reposting.

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=60164

I just got woke. immensly grateful for this reality check.
  3. Thinking about eating disorders, my first step to recovery

I have learned so much from folks in this forum and have received a tremendous show of support. I have also been forced to think about such things as head hunger, emotional eating, and food addiction in ways which I was unable to do so before.

Years back I joined Overeaters Anonymous and Food Addicts Anonymous groups because I knew I had a problem, I left them because they were not working for me. Many times my sponsors became overbearing and judgemental, maybe that was not their ...
  4. Death, grief, forgiveness, and searching for balance

In 2012, there was a huge shift in my life. The job that I loved and enjoyed for almost seven years suddenly was uprooted from me because my boss was on a down spiral because of his bipolarism, I had been as supportive as much I could have been taking all things into consideration, knowing that that some of his job related decisions where a cause of his condition, but then his personal life started affecting me. His girlfriend showed up my door asking for help. He was a brilliant man I had admired, ...
  5. preop jeers and cheers

I don't know if this is normal, but after I had my initial visits with the bariatric surgeon and internal medicine doctor who is monitoring my 90-day medical weight loss requirement. I went into a sort of food mourning, I had managed to loose a few pounds initially, but then I was treating myself to whatever my heart desired and I regained the few pounds. I started checking myself, and asking why? part of me felt that once I have the surgery, I would never be able to enjoy the foods I love. If I ...
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678