Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Theresa2

1. Canada Day

Wishing all of you a Happy Canada Day with lots of fireworks.! To my American neighbour's - Happy Fourth of July!
  2. 5 months

Time to check in. It's bee 5 months and I am down 65 pounds. I am getting 95% of my protein from food and am finally getting my liquids in regularly. Will be starting water aerobics this week, and bought dumbells to help tone upper arms.
  3. 4 months today

It has been 4 months since surgery and I am down 55 pounds. This is the most weight I have ever lost since I started gaining weight in my 20s. Yippee. I have gone from a size 24 to an 18. Hopefully I'll be down to a size 14 in time for my niece's wedding in September.
  4. 14 week clinic checkup

All is good. My A1C is 7.5 down from 8.2 presurgery (plus 3 diabetes meds and insulin) Here are my instructions:
    * increase calories to 1000-1200 per day with 60-80 grams of protein.
    * portion sizes: aim for 1 cup of food with meals 3 oz lean protein, 1/2 cup of veggies, 2 tsp grain/starch

Plus take my vitamins and iron.

On the not as great side my fasting sugar still not where it should be so I am up to 3 metformin per day.
  5. 3 month checkup

At 3 months post surgery I am 50 pounds down and have lost 2 dress sizes Let's see what the next 3 months bring. I purged my closet and sent everything that no longer fits to a shelter for battered women . They were quite appreciative because large sizes (especially professional clothing) are rarely donated.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast