Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I will see my surgeon next week, but they told me they want to see me every three months until we move next Summer. Mainly because of my crazy metabolism/deficiencies.
    28% is a really good number! you are doing great!! I'm sure boot camp will be a big help! keep us posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats on your one year anniversary Theresa!!
    Thank you
    Strictly following diet and exercise program 80% of time. Allowingoneself an occasional treat.
    Congrats on your one year anniversary Theresa!!
    What is 80-20?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    It was also half an inch off waist, hips, per thigh and per upper arm. Boot camp is definitely working. We finish the 27th but I plan to do it again with same trainer.
    Wow!!! impressive!!!
    I guess doing it with a trainer is the best way...I might be stuck until Summer....here I can't find a trainer that's fluent enough in English and my Chinese is pathetic...I'm glad I still have Sparkpeople's videos..without internet I would be cooked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    You can already see the benefice of the boot camp so fast! Amazing!
    Even if now it's only two pounds per month, it's still great (same boat for me) I can't wait to start to work out more!
    Great job Theresa!
    It was also half an inch off waist, hips, per thigh and per upper arm. Boot camp is definitely working. We finish the 27th but I plan to do it again with same trainer.
    You can already see the benefice of the boot camp so fast! Amazing!
    Even if now it's only two pounds per month, it's still great (same boat for me) I can't wait to start to work out more!
    Great job Theresa!
    The beauty of those boot camps it does wonderful things for toning your body!!!
    I am now wearing a size dress I last saw when I started teachers college in 1984. I will be happy with losing 100 pounds, and firming up. Thus the bootcamp.
    Wow! a size you didn't see since 1984!! I would be pleased too!! that's great!
    Because I became obese with my first pregnancy (and gestational diabetes) at that time I basically went from a size 10 to 22 in less than one year. I don't think I will ever reach a size 10 again because the more pregnancies, the more our bodies change and at my biggest I was a size 24/26. Reaching a size 14 is my hope now.
    But I had the flu for the past two weeks and almost no exercise at all...I see a big difference with last month when I was walking a minimum of 5 miles per day...
    Actually my surgeon never said anything before I asked him how much he thought I could lose. He said that from his experience it would be about 50 kgs. I wanted to have a better idea based on his experience, not just studies...During my last post-op I did tell him that I didn't think I would reach those numbers at 12 months, he said not to worry because most of his patients lose until 18 months...but then the regain could show up...I'm trying to think "there's still 8 months" because I'm loosing with the speed of a snail and really want to get to a "normal weight" and be out of obesity....even if I'm still "overweight" it's fine with me, I started from so high! ...we'll see in July...
    I am now wearing a size dress I last saw when I started teachers college in 1984. I will be happy with losing 100 pounds, and firming up. Thus the bootcamp.
    I never got a recommendation from my clinic.
    Actually my surgeon never said anything before I asked him how much he thought I could lose. He said that from his experience it would be about 50 kgs. I wanted to have a better idea based on his experience, not just studies...During my last post-op I did tell him that I didn't think I would reach those numbers at 12 months, he said not to worry because most of his patients lose until 18 months...but then the regain could show up...I'm trying to think "there's still 8 months" because I'm loosing with the speed of a snail and really want to get to a "normal weight" and be out of obesity....even if I'm still "overweight" it's fine with me, I started from so high! ...we'll see in July...
    Congrats sleeve buddy!! 8 pounds in two months that's really good! great job Theresa! I had almost the same goal from my surgeon, 110 pounds (50kgs) but I think it will take a little longer than 12 months to reach his goal, that's ok plus I want to lose a little more to be completely out of the wood...
    I never got a recommendation from my clinic. They said it varies too much to set a goal, so they aim at 50 to 60 per cent of excess weight. I started boot camp this past week to start firming up.
    Congrats sleeve buddy!! 8 pounds in two months that's really good! great job Theresa! I had almost the same goal from my surgeon, 110 pounds (50kgs) but I think it will take a little longer than 12 months to reach his goal, that's ok plus I want to lose a little more to be completely out of the wood...
    During my first consult my surgeon told me I should be able to lose 50 kgs (110 lbs) with the surgery.
    That was 50 kgs from that day. Since I lost a total of 88 lbs at my last post-op, he thinks I should reach the 50kgs at one year...I'm not so sure, it's 10 kgs in 4 months, and my weight loss has been really slow lately. I really don't care if I reach that goal at one year or 18 months, because anyway to be able to reach a weight "acceptable" in my book (be out of obesity and be out of the wood) I need to actually lose... 20 kgs /44 lbs....might take two years!
    We are all different, age, hormone issues or not, exercise, medication etc...so I don't think that what other people lose is important, it just give us an idea of what's possible....in the end what matters is to be happy and healthy and try our best to reach a weight that is safer for our health..
    I was told the typical sleeve patient loses 60 to 70% of their weight in the first year. That was not good enough for me, I lost 100%. I had about 75 pounds to lose, so I'm sure if you have more it would be different. I set my goal at a "normal" BMI.

But you're you, so you decide where you are comfortable with your weight. We're all different. Many in my support group are still classified as "overweight" and look great, and they are happy to stay there. Some here are so thin I worry about them, as I'm sure being severely underweight comes with similar problems as obesity. (Like death.) I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds as I'm at the higher end of normal. I'm down about 3 pounds toward that goal by cutting out sugar and any junk. I have never in three years counted calories, just liquid and protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by gailbee
    Hi I am down 61 pounds. October 13th marks 9 months. I am 5'7 so another 20 pounds I might be too skinny. My doctor estimated a 70 to 75 pound weight loss. Should I be disappointed?? I eat pretty much what I want. I know I am on the down stretch so how what's the best way to loose last 10 pounds and keep it off? Sugar is one thing I still can eat in moderation. I have to watch this although so sweets don't taste like they use too.
    Not sure. It depends on your starting weight. I am still trying to stay around 1200-1300 calories and 75 to 80 grams of protein. I won't know more until my 1 year check up.
    I did read somewhere that the a erase loss is 60% of your excess weight. For me that is around 85 to 90 pounds.
    Hi I am down 61 pounds. October 13th marks 9 months. I am 5'7 so another 20 pounds I might be too skinny. My doctor estimated a 70 to 75 pound weight loss. Should I be disappointed?? I eat pretty much what I want. I know I am on the down stretch so how what's the best way to loose last 10 pounds and keep it off? Sugar is one thing I still can eat in moderation. I have to watch this although so sweets don't taste like they use too.
    I'm on week 5 of my 3x/week weight and strength training. It has been awesome! Yesterday I (almost) completed all the reps on my sheets for the 50 minute program, with the exception of the 25 second tip-toe planks (which I did do one and half times, it was supposed to be 3reps times 2) I did really good! One of my trainers comes and stands by me when I'm about to give up and says "come on Shirl! give me three more!" I just want to yell at her but I reach deep inside and I can do three more push ups. My program is also a group setting (there are about 8 of us) for 12 weeks. It was $200, besides the three workouts a week, it includes an once week lunch workshop with a nutritionist, and two DEXa body composition scans one pre program and one post program. The body scans alone are $60 bucks! I have bought a mid session DEXa scan just to see my progress. I'm losing weight slow on the scale that I need to check if I am at least building muscle. It's the second best investment after my sleeve surgery that I have made on myself!

Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You will love a personal trainer! I had one for a while but he was really expensive. I need to shop around for a new one.
    The deal with this one is she is working with 3 to 5 of us so the price is 30% of working with us individually. She keeps me honest and pushes me to do things I didn't think I could.
    You will love a personal trainer! I had one for a while but he was really expensive. I need to shop around for a new one.
    Shopping is one of the best part post-sleeve! You're doing great!
    Good job!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too!! I was not raised with that holiday in my calendar but with spending more than 8 years in the US now it's a holiday for my kids. So now it's a "family tradition too" because we still have turkey (or chicken if no turkey available)...enjoy!!
    Enjoy!
    Sorry but turkey yum.
    im having my thanksgiving this month because i can not have turkey next month my surgery is scheduled for November the 8th.
    it is funny how bras work.

I finally bit the bullet and went to a true foundations place. Got properly measured and let with one bra, that fits properly and cost me $85 !!!

Same thing...band down, cup up.
    Hey Theresa! we are in the same boat! I lost around 6.5 pounds (3 kgs) the past two months...we are at the point where it does slow down a lot...and I did exercise a lot the past weeks so it's not really the problem for once, I think it's just our bodies catching up a bit.... My bra size is also funny. I came back with several sizes in my suitcases, because here nobody is bigger than a 34 B (same for my daughter who's a 32E...we had to stock up in France)...I went from 42 to 38 B or C depending on the bra, my cup size is actually still the same, only the band changed.
    i hope i lose my boobs i hate them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast