Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

1. 1st Post op visit

My surgery was January 20 and today I went back to the hospital to meet my surgeon and also my nutritionist. From surgery day I lost 4 kilos.

My wounds are healed but since I started pureed food I have awful acid reflux so the doctor changed my PPI, hopefully I will see some improvement soon.

I really feel that going into pureed food was way too early anyway, and since I was very sick at the hospital right after surgery, those 2 days 1/2 of vomiting might have done ...
  2. Post-op

Hello everyone,

I'm finally back from the hospital, I was there since Monday for more exams, surgery was on Wednesday, my surgeon kept me an extra day, I was too dehydrated to leave. Surgery was smooth but I had lots of vomiting after and it was difficult to control, it stopped after two days and a half. The staff was amazing to say the less!

I'm back home, enjoying my comfy bed and sipping on juice and broth, it seems my new stomach doesn't like water anymore... ...
  3. Liquid diet : half way!

Hello my new friends!

Liquid diet is not so bad after I got used to it. The worth was on day 3, the worth migraine ever, I had to stay in the dark almost all day. Hello carb withdrawal!

But after that, it was pretty much ok, I'm not hungry and try to drink a lot to flush all toxins. My nut said yesterday I was doing a good job (I sent her my calorie tracking) but she is telling me to increase my carbs, which is the opposite of what the bariatric nurse said, and I read ...
  4. First day of liquid diet

Hello new friends!

So here it is, the first day of eating almost nothing to prepare for surgery and shrink the liver.

I already like the plain Sunwarrior flavor but it's a little grainy so I tried two new protein powders this morning, and it's a real disaster with the first one. It's called Naturade total soy, there is so much salt in there it actually cover the chocolate taste, and it's sooo sweet!!after one sip I couldn't drink it.

So I tried the Isopure ...
  5. Introduction

Hello everyone!

I'm French, 43 years old, mother of three, married to my high school sweetheart.

Our jobs make us travel, we left France 14 years ago, and we've been so far living in New Zealand, US (DC and Phoenix), Mexico City, and we are currently in Taipei Taiwan for an other couple of years before heading back to France. Both my husband and I were raised in families who love to travel too and we had a childhood partly out of France. Sometimes it's hard because ...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234