Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hello
    Hi, thanks
    Ah, that sucks your body didn't take to it. My daughter has nexplannon. She loves it. It completely stops her periods. This is my same daughter who had such devastating effects from VSG. When they first discovered she had multiple strokes, the first thing they did was take her birth control out just in case that was the culprit. It wasn't, and her doctor allowed her to get it again shortly after she was released from the hospital. She just had it replaced again in February, and after a weird severely sore arm for two weeks, she's been doing well with it again. Hope you're able to find a BC method that works for you, because God knows babies don't help with weight loss ;-)
    Good thing it's done!!
    hopefully you will feel better really soon.
    To help hormonal balance, you can try to take some evening primerose oil capsules. It does help many people and even my daughter find it helpful to regulate her periods. I would associate it with a good probiotic (many strains).
    Good luck!
    The �� was an emoji of fingers crossed lol
    I got it out yesterday, little sore. I really hope now that it's out my hormones will go back to the way they were ��
    I'm sorry you are having issues with your implant.

The thing I noticed the most for me was how hormones make me gain weight like crazy. Any kind...and the bad bad boy is cortisone.

Obesity is mainly an hormonal issue for most people, linked to the microbiote too, those bacterias in our gut have a huge impact on our body balance, I gain weight if I take antibiotics too, with the same diet.

Hopefully things will get back to normal when it's removed.
    Take care!
    Very quiet! The newest post was mine!
    Yep, totally boring around here.
    Thanks for checking in!
    Great idea!
    Looking good girl!
    So great to read this post.
    I hope that all the newbies read it and are excited about what is coming for them :-)
    Progress photos are a great idea. I also kept one pair of jeans which when I look at them now I can't quite believe how fat I really was. I should have taken measurements too - but I didn't.
    I still do a double take when I look in the mirror and see how small I am now compared to what I once was.
    I wish I had taken measurements.I didn't measure before, and I haven't measured after either. It would have been fun to compare. I also never have a clue what size I need to buy when trying to order something online because I don't know my dang measurements.

I know what that damn scale says though and it's making my eye twitch seeing the number the last few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    You're doing great. So glad you're having so much success. Nice to hear from you again, by the way.
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    You and I both did that whole losing too much thing. It was crazy! I, like you, am at a good, comfortable weight now, too. Christmas cookies... yum! Made and ate the last of my snowman sugar cookies last night. Keep doing what you do because you're doing it well. Happy 4 years to you!
    Hi Katrina! Yeah, never had the issue of needing to gain before. It was a green light to eat whatever. Glad to see your doing well, hope Meg is doing good!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Wow, that is some success story!
    Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing.

I could do with a couple of pounds more, but I've been told that will happen in the course of the third year.
    We'll see..
    It took a while for me to gain (where was that problem before?!) And I ate what I wasn't supposed to in order to gain. My body feels like it evened itself out, finally. The scale has been steady and I feel confident that I can loose if needed.
    My surgery is on February 6th. Any help on recovering is appreciated
    Hey Teri!
    It's great to see you back!
    You are doing great!! congrats!
    My third year has been complicated to say the least. Can't wait to recover and be back to "normal".
    Hey! Love hearing your story! Happy New Year to you! I am 5 months post op. I am the lowest weight that I have ever been! The lowest was about 145 in high school. I am with you on those Christmas cookies, however I tried to balance it out. I danced it out twice as much each time I had a cookie! I did not want to gain any weight and I didn't. My greatest challenge is getting my protein in daily. If I can get even 20 grams in a day I am happy with that! My tummy no longer tolerates protein shakes. I have to try alternate methods.
    Great success story. I love hearing from "Veterans" who have so much to offer us all.
    So looking to being four years out - but long way to go as my surgery date is 2/5/19.
    Decided to get back on for the support myself, was pleasantly surprised to see you on here giving an update as well as Anne2. Happy New years lady, I'll have to update you on my story soon and how I had to go back in for another surgery due to the acid reflux. Anywho keep pressing on, you got this lady! Catch up with you soon
    Sugar cookies, gingerbread house with homemade icing, chocolate pepper cake, creme brulee -- a sea of temptations!

I got "up" to 130, which was my original goal. I feel better and look better than at 122. I think fat fills out some of the wrinkles at 66, lol.

I am "down" to 128 going back to my regular healthy eating. We start at Planet Fitness on Monday. So looking forward to it!

You've had an amazing 4th year! All of you are such great encouragers.
    You're doing great. So glad you're having so much success. Nice to hear from you again, by the way.
    Happy 4 year anniversary!
    You are a success story Teri!! And my boobs are flat but the strength training is starting to give them some shape.
    145 @ 5'7" sounds perfect to me! Skinny! Congrats on finding out just where you should be and staying there.

And I agree about damn all those Christmas goodies. I can blame the 6 grandchildren who all requested a different treat. And my super skinny daughter needed fudge. They added 5 pounds to me too, and I too will get them off soon. I don't know how anyone can gain 5 pounds over 2 weeks, but I am really talented.
    You and I both did that whole losing too much thing. It was crazy! I, like you, am at a good, comfortable weight now, too. Christmas cookies... yum! Made and ate the last of my snowman sugar cookies last night. Keep doing what you do because you're doing it well. Happy 4 years to you!
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast