Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Darrla

1. New before and after photos 7 months post surgery!

I posted some before and after photos under My Profile section. My surgery was 7 months ago and I've lost 64 pounds! I have recently started C25K and I'm on Week 4. I never would have guessed in a million years that I could jog for 16 minutes in a 30 minute period! I'm still in shock! I'd still like to lose 20-30 more pounds. I hope to reach my goal by my one year anniversary. This is the best decision I ever made! If you are undecided or nervous about having this surgery, don't put it off! You ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	24904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	24905  
  2. 5 Months out....

So June 21 marks 5 months post op for me and I have lost 57 pounds. I have about 27 more pounds to go to reach the goal I have set for myself. I'm not sure if that will be my final goal but I figured I'd start with that. I'm fairly tall at 5'8" and my first goal is 170. I'm not sure my doctor gave me any specific goal, but I'm planning to ask him on my 6 month post op visit next month.

My PCP did some routine blood work and my A1C was in the normal range of 6.0, down from 6.8 ...
  3. Three months post op and I'm feeling great!

My three month post is a little late! My surgery was 1-21-15, so my 3 month anniversary was actually a couple weeks ago. At that time, 4-21, I had lost 46 pounds!! I'm at -49 pounds today and things are going great! I have learned to like/tolerate my ONE protein shake per day. I drink the Premier Shakes from Costco with 30 grams of protein and I usually have a Greek yogurt with 12-13 grams of protein at lunch. The rest of the day I have some nuts or cheese as a snack and some type of meet for dinner ...
  4. 2 months post op and still doing great!

So it's been 2 months since my gastric sleeve surgery and I've lost 37 pounds. I've experienced my share of stalls and feel that I'm not losing as fast as others but it's my journey and I try not to compare with others.

The good - my clothes are fitting so much better and I can go shopping in my closet for like-new clothes that I haven't worn in a while! I'm feeling better energy-wise, although not as much energy as I thought I would have after losing almost 40 pounds. I'm tolerating ...
  5. Holy crap!

My surgery was 6 weeks ago, and to say I was getting discouraged is an understatement! I was only losing 1 pound here and there for the past 4 weeks, so I really only had one good week of quick weight loss (which is what we all are hoping for!) Finally, I said on my last post, that I was about done with the whole thing and decided I would just get on with my life. And what the hell...... I've lost a pound a day for the past 4 days!! Now I really don't expect this to continue at this rate, and maybe ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast