Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aglb

1. 3 years out - slid a bit but not going give up.

I have added to a few others posts, but not started a post here for awhile - 3years out as of November. Lost about 96 pounds between the pre & post 6 months after surgery - bam - weight loss came to a abrupt halt at 6 months. Wasn't complaining - was thrilled with where I was. A cruise here, a celebration there - 18 pounds slid back on over the last 1 1/2 years. I admit I slid with the protein, grabbed quick easy granola bars & other things that are NOT considered taboo but really do ...
  2. 1 year today - and it has flown by

I now understand why alcoholics celebrate their sobriety birthdays because today is my 1 year surgery anniversary and I want to celebrate. Best decision I have ever, ever made was to do this surgery. I have zero regrets. My starting weight was not as high as many but I am down 70 pounds from surgery, 93 pounds from my highest weight. I haven't lost any additional weight in 2-3 months but I haven't been exercising either. I eat frequently - every 2-3 hours. About 4 -8 ounces depending on whether ...
  3. Alcohol...that will do it!

I am 10 months post and though slow losing, am about 7 pounds from my personal goal weight (yeah!) - I went on a cruise at month 3 and was able to eat within my guidelines and continued to lose. During this post op period I have never gained at all even when there was no loss for weeks on end. Well that changed. I went to an all inclusive Mexico resort with 2 girlfriends last week for just 4 days. I am not typically a drinker but the drinks were free & it was hot - still I didn't drink anywhere ...
  4. Ooops!! Ate too late - won't do that again!

10 months out & just did a blog yesterday about all being "sunny" Haven't had any issues, complications etc. all along - last night I ate dinner really early, didn't do a snack or anything during the evening & was really hungry & ate a 1/4 of a protein bar 20 min before bedtime - Woke up 2 1/2 hours later with I think (never experienced it) but acid reflux?? - burning in my throat & mouth - ick!! Couldn't stop coughing & wondered if I had thrown ...
  5. 10 months out - here's whats happening!

10 months out - surgery November 4, 13. First I have lost just a 6 pounds shy of 100 pounds since the beginning of this journey when I first went to the dietitian 2 + years ago - I am down 70 pounds from surgery 10 months ago. I feel awesome. I love how I look and can wear about anything I want. I was wearing a tight 16/18 at the beginning of this journey and am now comfortably in an 8 and just ordered some size 6 jeans & shorts. Best decision I ever, ever made for myself. ever. If you ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast