Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

A long and winding road.

I started gaining weight with each of my pregnancy Due to the abuse I suffered as a child my self-esteem was always on the low side. At 54 I finally had the self worth to take a good hard long look at myself and I investigated weight loss surgery. When I went for a complete physical I found I was bleeding from an orifice that blood should not have been coming out of. My surgery date was no longer possible as I wanted this checked out with before I had any surgery. I had to wait 6 months and during the colonoscopy it appeared I had some small points of cancer and a number of precancerous polys. The doctor removed everything that even looked slightly suspicious. I am also a breast cancer survivor who understands that at some point the cancer will come back. Putting my life on hold for the 6 months was hard but I was still determined. Because I have had numerous tumors being cut out of my body I have a lot of scars. My husband has always been by my side and helped me through these periods. I debated going on another diet and exercise plan but knew deep down I would just yo-yo again. I had my sleeve and told my husband it was done. Since then he has done his own research and now tells me what the statistics are regarding the surgery. He is very supportive and makes sure I eat properly and keep my electrolytes up.
I am free of the hold that food has over me and I am learning how to appreciate my scar covered body. I love the way I feel and will stop and look at myself in the mirror instead of avoiding the reflection. The last couple of months have been hard but I am at a good place right now.

1. Weight loss consistency??

I am wondering if others can tell me what the weight loss journey has been like as far as consistency is. At first I lost a lot of weight and how almost 2 months later I seem to be slowing down. I notice I can eat more and I am worried I will stop loosing weight all together and stay at the weight I am now. When these thoughts enter my head I feel like I want to go back to the pre-op diet. I need help dealing with this and I am hoping that hearing from others will do it.