Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DebbieLvswknds

1. 2 Weeks Post Op

Yesterday marks two weeks since my surgery and I am feeling so blessed. I have lost 20 lbs in that time and have really had no problems to complain about. I was so worried I would have trouble getting proteins and liquids in and that has just not happened.

I think I have mentioned before how much faster it seems like my doc moves us thru the food phases:

Week1 (home from the hospital): full fluids, to include protein shakes (3-4 per day), and two snacks (1/2 c of ...
  2. Home and Sleeved !!!

I did it. It went so very well, I keep waiting for the problems to begin. But that is just crazy - I need to just be thankful that things are going so well and leave it at that. Everyone was so nice at John's Creek Hospital. I am on total liquids through today. Tomorrow starts the protein drinks. I walked often while in the hospital and have gotten in two good walks since being home. My surgery was yesterday around 11:30 - for some reason they were running late. I was only nauseous in the ...
  3. Pre and Post Op Meetings

So today I went for an all day session -- a couple of hours with the nutritionist, a couple of hours with someone on the surgeon's staff, a short visit with Dr. Hart, and then the final pre-op visit at the hospital.

Wow - all of this made it really sink in - this is it. It was all so scary and exciting. I have been reading all of the posts of folks who have gone before and thinking I understood what was coming, but today made it really hit home - more than anything else.
  4. A Surgery Date - Finally

Dr. Hart's office called today. My surgery is scheduled for Friday, November 15, 2013 @ 8:00 am. I am having a minor freak out now - am I really doing this; what if I have a really rough time with it, what if I am not successful even after going through all of this. I have been eating so bad lately what if I can't break this new, bad habit. I have to stop - this is crazy - it is what I want, need, and have been building up to, right?

I have a bucket list and here is my #1 item ...
  5. Called BCBS Today

After reading posts from folks who had called their insurance companies to check on the status, I called mine today. They have received the request from Dr. Hart's office and I have been approved. Scared now but thrilled too. Now I am just waiting on the Dr.'s office to call me with a date
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast