Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jrenee63

1. Pre Pre-op started today...

Okay, so I started my pre pre-op today. Had a protein shake for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch-with NO chips! Tonight I'm have a lean/green meal of chicken with a salad. I'm trying to kick start this so that my surgery and recovery will be easier when I lose weight before the surgery.
    I start the actual pre-op Thurs. 2 weeks from surgery, and then it's 3 shakes-I have GREAT recipes!!! and 1 lean/green meal.
    So for today through Wed. I'll have a protein shake for breakfast, ...
  2. The best kept secret for pre-op and post-op recipes for shaking up shakes....

Quote Originally Posted by jrenee63 View Post
    So, in my local support group for WLS, at our last meeting the dietitian mentioned some great books for recipe ideas, smoothies, shakes, etc... for anyone having WLS.
    I bought all three on Amazon, but am particularly fascinated with one by Chef Dave Fouts who had the surgery. Since I'm getting ready to start pre-0p with 3 shakes a day, I know me, I'll need variety in taste or become bored. So I went out and purchased from Wal-mart, some ingredients for shaking up my shakes. I bought imitation
  3. August and September-My time...

So August is a really busy month for me. I start back to school online on Aug. 19. Almost done with school thank GOD. I turn the big 5-0 on Aug. 24 and I am trying to take a trip to NY to celebrate. The very day after my birthday I start my 2-week pre-op diet. I love my doctors office....I didn't care when I started it, but the office manager said lets start after the birthday so you can celebrate how you want.
    2 weeks after I start the diet, of course, surgery, Sept. 10. OMG, I get ...
  4. Need to vent today...

So tonight is the last of the many clearances that are required by my surgeon and the insurance company. I'll have my sleep study at the hospital. Have to be there at 9pm tonight and leave at 6am tomorrow. I really hope they determine I have apnea, because I honestly believe I do and would love to fix it.
    That's not my rant. I feel so bad every single day. My breasts are the size of boulders and they hurt because they're so heavy. I wasn't overweight as a child, teen, young adult, even ...
  5. Frozen Fish-does it expire? When?

So...I have 3 bags of frozen fish in my freezer to eat before my pre-op. Tilapia, Salmon, and Cod. I love them and have some great low carb recipes. My curiosity is this: How long does frozen fish last. I mean they've been in there for a few months now. I can't find an expiration date. I usually eat fish 1 time every couple of weeks, but I want to eat this before my surgery. Any ideas of how long?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast