Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lil Sis

1. Move over kardashians!

There are NEW sisters in town! My sister and I are off to a great start! We had our surgery on Sept 13 and just had our follow up appointment. I'm happy with the rate of my weightloss so far as is she. Our doc said we are both doing very well. BUT HERE's the cool part...

He asked us to do a profile video for the hospital, telling our story. They stream the video in the waiting room at the clinic, use it on their web site and for other Bariatric surgery promotions. He said we ...
  2. Sleeve Eve!

Tomorrow is the day! My sister will go first then it's my turn. I bought us matching Celtic Tree of Life pendants to symbolize our bond through this journey. And had hers blessed by my priest for good measure.

I'm so excited for us. Thinking I won't get much sleep tonight
  3. I'm Ridiculous!

Started my journey in April with my sister. We are BOTH scheduled for next Friday (the 13th...I know). Heck, I even LOST 20 lbs!! Awesome... I've got this!
    Not so much
    Final appointment with the surgeon today -start liquids tomorrow. I have been eating my 'final' whatever's for months to make peace with our ending/changing relationship. But... I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT OBSESS ABOUT FOOD TODAY! Really? Is FOOD that MUCH a part of my life? Must be ( or I wouldn't ...
  4. Intrusive??

POST-SLEEVERS

How do you respond to family, friends, even strangers who compliment your dramatic weight loss but then follow it up with asking HOW MUCH you lost??

Do you give actual numbers? I understand sharing with those closest but the nosy co-worker/neighbor/PTA Mom is bound to ask!
  5. Bariware?

My sister gave me Bariware today which has two sections to hold 4oz of food and one side that can be further divided into 1oz sections.

Has anyone used this? How do you like it? Seems like it will take a lot of the portion size guess work out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast