Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Happy anniversary!! You guys are like fine wine...better with time!! You both definitely look much healthier now! Kudos!!
    A cookie? It doesn't happen often, but if I want a cookie I sure don't feel guilty about it. I am not on a diet. Diets never worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennak89
    Yes, thanks for being real, I know my down fall is sweets, and I need to watch them....

Thanks! Being honest with myself isn't easy, but I find it gets be back on track!
    Yes, thanks for being real, I know my down fall is sweets, and I need to watch them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I hear you about the sweets. If I let myself...I could inhale them as well. I have also found that allowing myself something small daily helps quash those constant cravings. I like the dove dark chocolate bites. I can eat one...I suck on it so I can savor it longer and it works for me. I know with the holidays coming and being able to eat more now I will also have to focus on mindful eating as well. Thank you for the reminder Jen.

I love the idea of a small daily treat. If I try to cut something out completely, I just want it more. Thanks, Christie!
    I hear you about the sweets. If I let myself...I could inhale them as well. I have also found that allowing myself something small daily helps quash those constant cravings. I like the dove dark chocolate bites. I can eat one...I suck on it so I can savor it longer and it works for me. I know with the holidays coming and being able to eat more now I will also have to focus on mindful eating as well. Thank you for the reminder Jen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Jen, you're confronting some good stuff. My own third surgiversary was mid-August.

One thing I am changing up in Year Four is that I'm committing to eat 8 fruits and veggies daily this year, and I'm usually making that target. (Last year's goal was 6, and I usually hit 5.)

I'm finding that the extra V/Fs are dulling my sweet tooth. I still have some daily food treats (usually one small glass of wine and one biscotti), but nighttime cravings are much more rare. Just some food for thought for you to consider.

BTW, I have a friend who many years ago lost 100 pounds on WW and has maintained her weight loss for nearly 20 years. One of her maintenance mantras is, "I maintain easily because I focus on eating healthy foods instead of focusing on not eating unhealthy foods." It was a subtle distinction that worked well for her, and I've never forgotten it.
    Thank you, Ann! I always love to hear your advice!

I like the idea on concentrating on more fruits and veggies. I'm also trying to focus back on protein again. Back to basics!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTMiller
    Great blog! You are inspiring to me. I appreciate your honesty.
    Mary
    Thanks so much, Mary!
    Jen, you're confronting some good stuff. My own third surgiversary was mid-August.

One thing I am changing up in Year Four is that I'm committing to eat 8 fruits and veggies daily this year, and I'm usually making that target. (Last year's goal was 6, and I usually hit 5.)

I'm finding that the extra V/Fs are dulling my sweet tooth. I still have some daily food treats (usually one small glass of wine and one biscotti), but nighttime cravings are much more rare. Just some food for thought for you to consider.

BTW, I have a friend who many years ago lost 100 pounds on WW and has maintained her weight loss for nearly 20 years. One of her maintenance mantras is, "I maintain easily because I focus on eating healthy foods instead of focusing on not eating unhealthy foods." It was a subtle distinction that worked well for her, and I've never forgotten it.
    Great blog! You are inspiring to me. I appreciate your honesty.
    Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Nice blog
    Thank you!!
    Nice blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    SO TRUE!

I "dress up" when I go to yoga class -- this morning I'm wearing black leggings, a black top and a short black/cream polka dot skirt with cream/black kitten heels that have cute little leather bows on them. Of course, I won't wear the skirt / heels while doing yoga.

GREAT post. Thanks.

That is the best outfit ever!! If you did yoga in those heels I'd be really impressed.

Thanks for reading and sharing!!
    SO TRUE!

I "dress up" when I go to yoga class -- this morning I'm wearing black leggings, a black top and a short black/cream polka dot skirt with cream/black kitten heels that have cute little leather bows on them. Of course, I won't wear the skirt / heels while doing yoga.

GREAT post. Thanks.
    Beautiful words Jen! And I agree...getting dressed and taking those first steps is the recipe for success!!

Thanks so much!
    Beautiful words Jen! And I agree...getting dressed and taking those first steps is the recipe for success!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    I love your blog as well. Glad you could get back to running!

Thanks so much!
    I love your blog as well. Glad you could get back to running!
    Welcome back Jen!! As always, beautiful blog! I know you will get it all back together. You have so much going on and it can be overwhelming. The baby steps is your best bet. Wishing you much joy and continued success!! Hugs!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words and encouragement! It really helps.
    Welcome back Jen!! As always, beautiful blog! I know you will get it all back together. You have so much going on and it can be overwhelming. The baby steps is your best bet. Wishing you much joy and continued success!! Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Love your Blog site!!!!! Glad you and your son were able to get in a run!!!!

Thank you so much! It felt really good to run!
    Love your Blog site!!!!! Glad you and your son were able to get in a run!!!!
    Thanks! I really appreciate the encouragement!

QUOTE=Christie13;bt199941]You've done an amazing job working on yourself both physically and mentally. I always love your honesty in your blogs. Happy surgiversary Jen![/QUOTE]
    You've done an amazing job working on yourself both physically and mentally. I always love your honesty in your blogs. Happy surgiversary Jen!
    Thanks, Sandra!

I can't imagine moving with a language barrier! You're a rockstar!

I'm looking forward to having our belongings in one place. Unpacking them is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Moving is so annoying!!! it doesn't matter if it's far or not, it's one of the biggest pain ever.
    I'm dealing with complicated issues right now (move related and not being fluent in Chinese is for sure getting things worth) I just can't wait to be back home!

I try to think positive and visualize our family in a near future all unpacked and enjoying your new home...it does help...you could try!

For sure our journey is not simple but so worth it! plus you have been successful so it's a great example for those who start the process!

Take care!
    Moving is so annoying!!! it doesn't matter if it's far or not, it's one of the biggest pain ever.
    I'm dealing with complicated issues right now (move related and not being fluent in Chinese is for sure getting things worth) I just can't wait to be back home!

I try to think positive and visualize our family in a near future all unpacked and enjoying your new home...it does help...you could try!

For sure our journey is not simple but so worth it! plus you have been successful so it's a great example for those who start the process!

Take care!
    Thank you for your kind words! And for sharing your experiences! It really helps to hear about someone else's similar journey. I find it amazingly helpful! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    ✨Jen, congratulations on your 4-Year Sleeversary!✨

I completely feel you, and talk about ups and downs! I moved back to SoCal this past March, after only settling back in Austin for 8 or so months. Currently, I'm back in Austin for the remainder of the July and I start my graduate program mid August in SoCal.

I am no stranger to adversity, and have had, and continue to have, so many uncertainties in my life that I have learned to roll with the punches. It is not an easy lesson to learn, but I am glad I am a better person because I was willing to contemplate, learn, accept my limits, adjust and find solutions or wait things out. But it took so many years to finally find my happy place, which is not easy to stay in, but with practice and patience, I can stay there longer and thankfully, able to make good and stable choices. Once I am of that comfort zone, things can get muddled and thankfully (again) I can discern between stressors which trigger hunger and therefore eating, which has been my go to mechanism when things get tough.

Stay the course my friend! And thank you for sharing your medicine always!
    ✨Jen, congratulations on your 4-Year Sleeversary!✨

I completely feel you, and talk about ups and downs! I moved back to SoCal this past March, after only settling back in Austin for 8 or so months. Currently, I'm back in Austin for the remainder of the July and I start my graduate program mid August in SoCal.

I am no stranger to adversity, and have had, and continue to have, so many uncertainties in my life that I have learned to roll with the punches. It is not an easy lesson to learn, but I am glad I am a better person because I was willing to contemplate, learn, accept my limits, adjust and find solutions or wait things out. But it took so many years to finally find my happy place, which is not easy to stay in, but with practice and patience, I can stay there longer and thankfully, able to make good and stable choices. Once I am of that comfort zone, things can get muddled and thankfully (again) I can discern between stressors which trigger hunger and therefore eating, which has been my go to mechanism when things get tough.

Stay the course my friend! And thank you for sharing your medicine always!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    I agree with @ghost_ryder

Keep inspiring, keep writing, keep running! <3

I plan to! Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!
    I agree with @ghost_ryder

Keep inspiring, keep writing, keep running! <3
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast