Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kevsma

1. 6 month checkup - I'm SO HAPPY!

So I recently had my 6-month checkup. The Dr. was really pleased. Said that most people at 6 months have lost 40-50% of the amount they wanted to lose... and I have lost about 70%! I've almost lost 100lbs so far. WOO HOO!

Next month I will go visit my folks. They have seen photos - but haven't seen me in person since September of 2012. They are really excited for me. Mom's even gonna take me shopping for clothes and for a "pampering" day to get my hair cut and styled! ...
  2. Stalls suck - but I get through them because of YOU GUYS!

Everyone knows stalls suck. They can be quite depressing. Fortunately, because of the "warnings" about them from you guys, and the encouragement to "just keep keepin' on", I got through another one. YAY!

Today I was able to put on a pair of size 14 jeans! Granted, they have a fair amount of stretch to them... but hey, I'll take it! LOL!

As of today (4 and a half months since surgery) I have lost 87.2 pounds. I'm very pleased. I have about 37 more ...
  3. Merry "One-derland" Christmas!

Hello Everyone!

I am officially in "one-derland"! Today's weight was 198.8. It's been DECADES since I have been under 200!

I have also been able to start wearing some of my husband's sweaters and sweatshirts (size L)... and, depending on the cut, can wear size 14 pants!

THIS GIRL IS HAPPY!!!

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, HEALTHY New Year!!!!
  4. 2 months out and getting close to "one-derland"!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I"ve updated... so here goes. I'm down 59.6 lbs so far. VERY excited about that! I've dropped 4 sizes and am very close to getting into a 16! Here's the BIG change for me. I actually don't mind having my photo taken! My son and I actually went and had a photo shoot done together as a surprise Christmas gift for my parents and my husband! Believe it or not, it was MY idea. That NEVER would have happened before my sleeve! A few snapshots from that session ...
  5. The numbers on the scale are going down again!

I think maybe I have survived my first "stall"! I noticed the scale read a pound less today. . Hoping that I will be back on track to lose some more!

I'm down to a size 18/20 (depending on the cut) and have had people comment that they can see the weight loss in my face and neck. . I'm thinking a trip to Goodwill is in order soon to buy some smaller stuff.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast