Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Msjuls

1. Big Step For Me

This past weekend I did something I've never done. I cleaned out my closet and actually gave away my "too big clothes". In the past when I lost weight I'd hold onto the clothes "just in case". But I know I'm on a permanent weight loss journey and will never be going back up to those large sizes again!

No shopping for me - I have tons of clothes in smaller sizes I haven't been able to wear for years. It feels so good to put something on and remember how tight ...
  2. Unexpected Victories

I went to my first support group for weight loss surgery last night. It was packed and was a very good meeting. I learned so much just from listening to others talk about their journey and asking the same questions I have. Seems we all have common concerns - getting in protein, getting in water, supplements and exercising enough.
    I've been frustrated at my scale for a while because it seems to have stalled again (notice I said "it" stalled, not "I" stalled ) Someone ...
  3. Three Weeks Post-op Check In

Three weeks and 1 day since I had the surgery that is changing my life. It feels like it's been so much longer since so much has changed! I had my surgery follow-up today and the Dr. is thrilled with my progress. 24 pounds lost and my BMI is down from 44 to 39. My incisions have healed nicely despite the nasty allergic reaction I had to the surgical strips. I can now get in the pool - hurray!

I feel good, I have moved on to soft foods and I'm learning how much my sleeve can tolerate. ...
  4. Passing my Personal "Tests" with Flying Colors

It has been exactly 2 weeks since I had the operation that has changed my life already. I can't believe I don't get hunger pains or intense cravings like I used to.

My first test was last Saturday when my family decided we needed something at the mall and since it was dinner time, we'd just eat in the Food Court. My sweet husband asked me if this was ok since I would be around all that food. I told him I'd be fine, I'd just drink some tea. But inside I wondered how my first outing ...
  5. Feeling Good

So I am 8 days post-op and I feel very good. I am back working my 8 hour desk job and my pains are minimal. My energy is picking up slowly. It seems every day is a little better. I strive to get in all my fluids and protein, but I am getting closer to what I'm supposed to be taking in every day.

I've also lost my first 20 pounds.

Feeling good today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast