Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KebfromCincy

1. Ladies and Gents, I would like to announce.......

Hello everybody - I am now almost 8 months post-op and I have lost 110lbs!!!! I wasn't going to let myself get excited until I was under 200. But as usual, my body goes up and down based upon who knows what. I have tasted Onederland but can't seem to stay there quite yet. Why?

These last 6 weeks have been really tough. My husband bought me my favorite ice cream ( United Dairy Farmers - Chocolate Chip ) and at first I was really mad at him for bringing it into the house. But he knows ...
  2. Onderland!!!!

OK, out of the blue, I went from 203 to 199.9. After an almost 2 month stall I was not believing it. Still don't. I am going to have to weigh myself again and again before I believe it. I haven't weighed this little since before 1980 when I started having my kids. Things are pretty stressful right now. A good friend is dying of cancer. She just entered hospice. My baby Granddaughter has RSV and I can't help her parents out babysitting because of my asthma. If I get RSV in the nutritional state I ...
  3. Seven and 1/2 months down the road

So, here I am 7 1/2 months out. I have survived some extremely stressful family and legal troubles and the horrible weather that is Ohio in the Winter. I am just emerging from a 2 month stall. I am OK. Looking forward to better weather and getting out more. Just had the yearly physical that my insurance company ( who paid every penny of my gastric sleeve surgery - bless their hearts ) requires. My Primary Care Physician is thrilled with my progress. I had dropped my cholesterol medication so that ...
  4. Dang it Christie Brinkley!!!

Just when I was feeling pretty good about this whole weight loss thing.... People Magazine puts 60 year old Christie Brinkley on the cover. She looks almost the same as she did when she was on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1979. So what do I do? Took my 207lb self to Macy's to try on dresses for the various weddings and travels this Spring and Summer. I have never looked like Christie Brinkley, but as I looked at my legs and thighes in 3 way mirror I KNOW that I never will. On top of everything ...
  5. Almost 5 months down - A lifetime to go

My surgery was on July 22nd. I had a rough start due to a huge hiatal hernia and some problems with my Uncle. But here I am at almost 5 months out and I have lost 90lbs. I have not quite lost a whole person, but I am heading there. I have broken up with my cardiologist. He said that unless I have problems, I don't have to see him for another ECHO for 5 years! There are 3 medications I no longer take. My blood sugar, which had been creeping up to pre-diabetic range, is below 90. My blood pressure, ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast