Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SethP

1. 2015 around the bend

Just sitting here tonight thinking about the new year that we are all facing. I always find it a time to look back on things accomplished and things left undone. We have just finished celebrating Christmas and now we are getting prepped for New Years Resolutions. I think that 2015 for me will be another year of changes. I think it is time to get up off the couch more and finally join a gym. We have talked about it many times but that is all it has been is talk.

This year it ...
  2. Medical Update

So yesterday I went for my bi-annual visit with the Endocrinologist for Type 2 Diabetes. I have been seeing him for about 5 years now. For the 3rd visit I can happily report that my A1c is 6.6. He was very pleased that the diabetes has been held in check now for 18 months with the help of the sleeve. On another note, my Triglyceride level has dropped from 535 to 239 in the last 6 months. I can safely say that having this surgery has saved my life.

IF you are on the fence about ...
  3. It goes both ways

I just felt like it was time to put out some insight from my perspective, it is my opinion and some might not find it popular but it is mines.

Discrimination has been mentioned many times on this site and many comment on how they are now thinner they are treated differently. I am a man and I will say that I am treated differently by men and women alike. Being judgemental of someone is not only a male attribute but a woman's as well. It is in human nature. It is a defense mechanism ...
  4. Holiday Season

Today starts the Holiday Season with Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I want to start off by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season. During this time of the year we should all spend a little time to relfect inwardly. Many of us have new lifes that we could have never achieved without the help of our sleeves. Some of you I have been following for 18 months now and some of you I have recently made the aquaintence of. It doesnt matter where you are in this journey, we all have things ...
  5. Wisdom

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

This last few days have been tough. There has been a lot of drama going on around the forum and I am not crazy about it. It appears that some people feel the need to lash out when somone posts their personal opinion. We all have opinions on things and that doesnt mean that we are right or wrong but it is our opinion. Our ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast