Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mrslml2002

1. Updated pictures. Almost two years post op.

I updated my before and after picture. I walked another 10 mile race. The updated picture shows my son, my dad and I. My son is almost ten years old and walked the race with me. We are three generations of walking this race. It was great to be able to walk this race with my family.
    I love my sleeve! It was the best decision I have made in my life. My motto is "eat to live not live to eat".
  2. One year post op

I am over the one year mark post op. It has been an amazing year. I may not post as much but I do log in every day. I read posts and check to see how my sleeve friends are doing. I also update my weight loss ticker. I am 17 pounds away from hitting my goal weight. I have debated whether or not to try to get to my goal weight. I feel pretty comfortable at the weight I am now. I can wear a size 10 in jeans and a medium top. I am attaining my exercise goals of walking 15,000 steps a day. I walked a ...
  3. NSV - 10 mile walk pictures 2013 and 2014

Here are two pictures of me and my best friend before our 10 mile walk in 2013 (I am wearing blue) and 2014 (I am wearing pink). I finished 30 minutes faster this year. I posted these pictures on my Facebook account. The response that I am receiving is so positive and encouraging . I haven't posted anything about my weight loss on Facebook. This was too good not to post. Yes. I am proud of my 80 pound weight loss. My journey to better health and fitness is ongoing. My quality of life has dramatically ...
  4. Big NSV - walked 10 miles and survived!

I walked 10 miles at a 19:12 pace today. It was hard. I finished with my family cheering me on. My husband walked the last three miles with me. It was an emotional day both physically and mentally. I am sore and I may have a few blisters. Overall, I am glad it is over and I am glad I did it. I will do it again next year. It should be easier as I will be thinner and in better shape.
  5. Got a surgery date BEFORE insurance approval

Oh yeah. I met with my surgeon today. Got my surgery date! Monday, September 30th at 9 am.
    I know that is not the norm. Trust me. I got an earful from the receptionist at the surgeons office. I showed her my letter that I received from my doctor that I have met my requirements pending my last two weigh in's. I think it comes down to the receptionist having to call my insurance company to verify approval. Not going to feel bad about someone doing a little more work on my behalf. After all, ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast