Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CatBee

1. Little update

Quick update, we received the final results of the tests and it's not insurance requiring me to do the 4 months... which was written as minimum 4 months. Turns out because i'm not a last resort case, because i'm officially healthy as a horse (for now), and i maintained my tiny 30lb weight loss for over a year... so they don't want me having surgery.

Well, for me it is a last resort so this party will go forward, as soon as possible actually. I'm determined, and it will work. I ...
  2. Antsy pants

Spring has sprung and the weather is great. The tulips are everywhere and the beer is cold, it's a beautiful thing

The fear of tiny clothes and public places has set in and I'm reminded again of how far there is to go. Next summer will be vastly different, this I know, but in the present anxious state it's difficult to take comfort in that which is so far away.

Husband has backed my decision to self pay and while saving for that, take the dietary lessons. Now, yes ...
  3. You are all brilliant :)

The wealth of experiences here is incredible! I am so happy to be part of it and to learn how everyone has gone through this.

It is nice to know that this 4 month pre op diet is so mainstream, it makes me feel a lot more relaxed and positive about going through it.

It is also great news that the high weight will remain the weight they go by for the surgery, it's a bit of a relief really!!

Now i'm just curious what to expect, what we will learn. The ...
  4. No sleeve for me!

Just another diet

I was so hoping to be done in june and finally get rid of these crappy health problems, start to feel better without random gall attacks and constant reflux and swollen feet/legs. They said if i do another diet for 4 months then it would be ok. Another diet, like the last 10 years of being a successful weight loser but a shitty maintainer wasn't enough!

I don't understand actually, what is the point of dieting for 4 months to then go on ...
  5. Random thoughts on a saturday night (from a basement-dwelling game-playing lonergirl that has no social life :D)

*If getting in water and protein are important after sleeve, can we mix protein powder with water and sip that through the day? Something tasty like those syntrax nectar lemonades. mmmm.

*yay it's saturday night!

*I wonder what a sleeve feels like when it's full. With gastric bypass there's no pylorus so that = dumping with eating too much too fast right? But with a sleeve does it fill up then come spewing out the top (the mouth) like an unfortunate cartoon?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast