Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Judybird

1. I hope I haven't blown this...

Hi:
    It's been a while since I've been here. Days after my surgery, my mother got pneumonia and ended up in the hospital and subsequently in rehab. That lasted 2 months. While she has gotten so much better, she has become rather needy and requires much more of my time than previously. That's okay though, because it certainly beats the alternative, but I have not put ANY time into dealing with my weight loss. I have lost weight, but not near as much as I had hoped. Sadly, I have not really ...
  2. My Sincere Gratitude to All of You!

Thank you for all of your well wishes and prayers! I started weeping when I saw how many of you cared enough about me to offer them! You are a fine bunch of people and it would have been rather lonely without you...I would love to answer each of you individually, but there are so many of you and I am far from feeling well enough to spend much time at the computer.
    I will post again when I'm feeling more energized.
    Much love, Judy
  3. I hesitate because I don't want to scare anyone but my surgery didn't go well.

I'm not feeling too well today but I also am alive and sleeved. The surgery
    seemed like it was going well, but once I was back in my room everything went very badly. At first, I got up and went for my walk about 2 hours after. Then I started experiencing awful pain. I couldn't get up or lie down. I spent the whole day crying and doing what everybody thought I should do to feel better. Meanwhile, my drain kept filling up fast. By early evening I was in such pain I didn't know what ...
  4. Food...I think I'm gonna miss it more than I thought.

As I prepare my second cup of broth today in preparation for surgery in the morning, I see food all around me it seems. Of course Pinterest is not a place one should visit at this time, but I honestly went there looking for good recipes for after the surgery. I keep seeing things that I know I will not be able to enjoy again...at least not as a normal size dinner or lunch. Some things perhaps never again. I just realized that when all is said and done, while I will be happy to be thin again, ...
  5. Well...I MADE IT!!! My surgery is scheduled for...

MONDAY!!! I went for my weigh-in today and I'm one pound under!! 269! They scheduled me for this Monday. I didn't think it would be so quickly, so now I have so much to do...lots of cleaning that I won't feel like doing, laundry, food purchases etc...
    I stay on my current food plan of 2 shakes and 1 meal per day until Saturday, then on to the liquid diet Saturday and Sunday. That part kind of freaks me out...what? Nothing to eat? I ask you...is that hard to do? Are you hungry the ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast