Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gredonna

1. 6 month post op update

Today I had my 6 month post op appointment where I met with my Physician Assistant and nutritionist. I feel I have had great success so far. When I left the office, I kind of felt like a failure and need to re-adjust my strategy for the next 6 months.

I have lost 78lbs since December 28th 2012. Between my 3 month appointment and 6 month, I lost 25lbs so you can see the dramatic slow down in WL as I get further out from my surgery date. I am 8 lbs from being under 200lbs and I ...
  2. National Doughnut Day

Its been a while since I have posted but I national doughnut day made me think about this forum, the progress I have made and all the people who are new to this journey.

Don't hate the doughnut - its not its fault it is so delicious. My relationship with food has changed so much in this journey. I don't feel that constant pull towards sweets and junk. I do not deprive myself of anything either. Last night I had a cookie and I took my sweet time and enjoyed every second of it. ...
  3. Wardrobe overhaul

Last weekend my mom was nice enough to come over and help me say goodbye to all my "big" clothes. I have been feeling a little sad over my weight loss slowing down (I am 5 months out) but my mom assured me, my body is changing ..a LOT.

So I tried on every piece of clothing I own and ended up getting rid of 7 garbage bags of clothes. All size 22, 20, 3X, 2X clothes. I then realized that I have been in the same size clothes for over 11 years. I was a size 18 when I got ...
  4. 60lbs gone - 1/2 way to my personal goal!

So today I hit the official 60lb weight loss. I am amazed how this sleeve has changed my life. Who would have thought in just over 3 months I would be halfway to my weight loss goal?

A few thoughts about where I am at right now:
    1) I often forget I had surgery - then I eat and remember (ha)
    2) I don't snack - huge lifestyle change for me. I am still tempted at times to eat a chip or something here and there but I try really hard to avoid it.
    3) My body is changing ...
  5. Article - weight loss = happiness?

Hi - I found this article this morning and wanted to share. This woman had WLS and lost 180lbs yet she still struggles with body image & happiness. There is so much to this. Is getting to the "perfect" size the answer to happiness? I am fairly new in my journey but I already feel different in social situations. I don't feel as judged. What do you all think of this article?

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...163900419.html
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast