Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dbarnes7

1. Stuck at stall for 9 weeks

I am about 9 months post op and have hit a wall. I started at 300 and am down to 235 but cannot break that 230 mark. I have fluctuated between 232 and 238 for the past 9 weeks or so. I;ll get down to 232 and think its on the move again but the next day its back up to 235 or so.
    About the only thing I am doing different is probably not getting in as much protein as I used to.
    I'm type 2 diabetic and my A1C has dropped from 7.9 to 6.1 which is great, I have went from 100 units of insulin ...
  2. My Sleeve Journey

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnes7 View Post
    Here is the story of my journey to The Obesity Control Center in Tijuana Mexico with Dr. Ortiz for my Gastric Sleeve procedure.
    Mexico Weight Loss Surgery Center for Excellence | Bariatric Surgery Tijuana
    I arrived on Tuesday afternoon in the San Diego airport about 3:00pm. Soon after I arrived, the driver sent me a text me to let me know he was held up at the border and would be about 45 minutes late. It took about an hour but he did arrive to pick me up. He was very informative
  3. Cheating on post-op diet

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnes7 View Post
    I am only 9 days post-op and still on liquids, protein shakes, broth, yogurt and cream soups.
    I do feel full after I eat something but it doesn't last very long and I find myself eating again.
    But my main concern is cheating. I keep cheating by eating things like cheese puffs, because they dissolve in my mouth and are full of flavor, or a few chips or something like that. I do it ones or twice a day and I don't eat very much of these things when I do it, like 5 or 6 cheese puffs or
  4. Anyone been to OCC Dr Ortiz?

I have been researching having the sleeve procedure done in Mexico for a month now and found there are several good doctors that do this. I am leaning towards Dr Ortiz in TJ. His center OCC looks and sounds very nice.
    Has anyone out there used Dr Ortiz?
    What was your experience?