Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cindola

1. One year later!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindola View Post
    It's been a great year! Am I at my goal? No, but I am not discouraged. My weight has been stable for the past five months, no . . . not a stall but a period of adjustment!!! I have been adjusting to the new me and coming to grips with a completely new mind set. Now I am happy with my body and lifestyle changes of the past year. My only regret is that I waited so long to make these changes for my health both physical and mental.

WILL I be able to reach my goal? YES, but it will require
  2. Happiness -- it is all relative!

This past spring when my weight loss was slower than a snail or slug in the winter a wise friend asked me, "Would you be happy if you didn't lose another pound?" I had to ponder my answer for about 5 seconds and my answer was "YES!" While I wasn't really dropping pounds, I was having many NSV's -- muscle gain (from exercise), increased stamina, smaller bra and clothes. But, most important was my outlook and general well being -- my blood pressure is way down and my meds for that
  3. Sleeve and Non Sleeve Victories!

This past weekend I chaperoned my daughter's FIRST-First Robotics Team at their regional in Portland, Oregon -- this was her last one as a high school student and my fourth as a chaperone. The event was bittersweet with memories of the previous three and the excitement and intensity of this competition! A year ago though (and in the previous years as well) I had struggled with keeping up with 25+ high school students walking to and from the hotel to the competition venue -- this year it was a breeze!
  4. What a difference four months makes!!!!

I've been absent from the forum for the past few weeks, dealing with packing up three rooms for remodeling all the sorting, purging, many many memories and many more emotional highs and lows. Today while volunteering at my daughter's high school for a Jazz Band contest I realized that four months ago I was waiting in the hospital in Tijuana for my VGS --- now she and I are sharing some clothes!! I am wearing mostly larges and size 14's, but I also have some mediums that fit really well as well.
  5. Hooray for fresh fruit!

Every school day I pack lunches for my kids that include raw veggies and fresh fruit. Today, both kids were home due to the school holiday -- at lunch they made their own lunches -- when I was ready for lunch I was really craving an apple! So, I had my slice of cheese and 4 whole wheat soda crackers then peeled an apple and sliced it up very thin with my mandoline slicer! Well I couldn't finish it and shared the apple slices with the dogs (they both love sliced apples - the one thing they really
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast