Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SandyFromNJ

1. Two Years and two months

Wow! That went by fast.

I get emails from this site and was compelled to answer a post of someone that was afraid of the changes having a sleeve would bring.

Other then having low vitamin levels at my check up, my sleeve has not caused me any problems. Having a sleeve requires taking vitamins for the rest of your life. As soon as I began taking the vitamins regularly, the labs were much better.

I have only lost 70 lbs and thought I would have ...
  2. Day 4 Post Op

I arrived at the hospital on Monday, November 5th 2012 at 5:30 am and was discharged on Tuesday, November 6th around noon. I am happy that I did not have to stay any longer.

I wish I can say that everything was wonderful. I cannot. I am achy but I am only taking tylenol for pain. Most of my discomfort is on the left side of my abdomen. I am burping, passing gas and had a bm, so the plumbing is connected and working. This is good. The problem is getting all my liquids in. ...
  3. Counting the days...

My surgery is 17 days away. I have received the official telephone call telling me that my insurance approved my surgery. I spoke to coordinator and I have a pre-admission testing date and a date for my pre-op teaching. I have been reading everything I could find about Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I have read how patients can get really nervous about having the surgery. I don't feel that (yet?). I am excited about having the surgery. I know discomfort after surgery is common but I hope my recovery ...