Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

suegirl

1. First post surgery blood work results...

Ok... I had my blood work done nearly two weeks ago and I will be the first to admit that I haven't followed all the rules... I had to go to soft foods before most people because I couldn't tolerate any of the protein drinks out there... I have pretty much eaten anything I want within reason, just not very much of it...

And the results are in... All my vitamin levels were well within range except B1... Turns out the One a Day gummies have virtually NO B vitamins... so tomorrow I ...
  2. Today I cheated...

Well I was released for soft food/pureed Wednesday.. Today I cooked a roast with potatoes/carrots/onions... fully intending to do the veggies... Dr. said no meat yet... Ooppss.... a lifetime of habit took over and I took a bite of meat... I chewed it THOROUGHLY and so far, not one problem... oh God it was so good too lol.... I needed some real food for some protein... more energy..!
  3. Pureed stage.. finally

Well, it appears that any protein that has ANY sugar in it, goes right through me... Spoke with the nutritionist and they moved me to pureed so that I can start taking my protein via food. My blood pressure is down low and I have no energy because I was only drinking water, sf popcicles, and cream soup.. YIPPEE now I can have anything that is mashable EXCEPT meat, bread, and pasta...

Oh and Sonic sells a Sunrise Smoothie... it is NOT ON THEIR MENU but they do make it.... strawberry, ...
  4. ONEDERLAND!!! For the first time....

in six years, I am now officially below 200 lbs... 197.4 lbs.. Day 13 post surgery!! I am exhausted because I cannot take the Premier or Unjury proteins... having to find a protein that agrees with me. I started the full liquids (soups and such) a few days early just to get some type of nutrition in... Water and Popsicles were not getting it..

I knew I had already lost some size.. the pants I wore the day of surgery are already too big. YIPPEE! I have not measured.. I was going to ...
  5. 6 days post op appt

Got to see the doctor today.. I explained that the only real pain I was having would be like "incision" pain but it isn't right at the incision? Nothing more than that... no nausea, haven't taken the pain meds since Saturday. I came home from the hospital with a upper respiratory though so he will call me something in for that...

When I explained about the "incision" pain he laughed and pointed at me and tells me that he had to work harder on me than any patient ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast