Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Indiangivr

1. Happy Birthday To Me!

This time last year, I didn't think I would have another birthday. I had only been a widow for 6 months when I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. I had 2 operations and 33 radiation treatments. God had put a very good man in my life, and he was with me throughout my treatment. We got married in the hospital chapel after one of my treatments. Not very romantic, but it was awesome!

I had my sleeve surgery in July because I knew I was having my first 'official' ...
  2. Cervical (neck) surgery after my sleeve.

Hey ya'll! I haven't been on here in a week or so and I have missed my support group. I had surgery on my neck last week - a discectomy and fusion of C5-6 and 6-7. I'm homebound for two weeks, but finally up and about enough that I am getting bored already and I have five more weeks off work. The first thing I did when I got out of the hospital was step on the scale. I knew I had gotten a lot of IV fluids, and I had a huge amount of swelling in my neck. I should have waited a few days!! I had gained ...
  3. One more challenge

A couple of months ago I had to decide whether I was going to get my sleeve surgery first, or surgery on my neck. After a lot of thought, I decided it would be better to lose some weight first. I breezed through the sleeve surgery and was back to work in a week. It has been easy changing my lifestyle, and I only think about food when it's time to eat. I have not had one second of regret (except one night when I was constipated - but that's another story!). Now it's time for the 'big one.'
  4. I feel seriously yucky!! Can I get some sympathy?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiangivr View Post
    Yesterday I had to have an echocardiogram and a stress test for cardiac clearance before my neck surgery next month. I scheduled it 6 weeks ago so that I would be the first patient of the day because you have to be fasting after midnight. They had a scheduling 'glitch' and scheduled 10 patients for tests when they can usually only do 5. They did not tell any of us (the patients that were waiting) what was going on until it was too late to leave - i.e. I had an IV in my arm. Long story short, they
  5. Balding

Quote Originally Posted by Indiangivr View Post
    What do ya'll think of my hair?? Lol! I lost my hair with breast cancer last year and it didn't come back. The benefits of being bald: you don't have to worry about what hair products to buy. You can have a different color/length every day. If your hair is dirty, just get another one out of the closet. I can drop it off at the salon and go back and pick it up later. I don't have to worry about my hair falling out because I am losing weight. And most importantly, I won't ever get head lice!! There
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast