Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aclabombard13

1. I've been absent awhile but YES, I'm still alive :)

I feel kind of bad that I haven't posted in a while. It's amazing how much busier you are when you're not hiding behind your weight. I am currently 6 pounds under my goal weight, so I made it into the 120's at 129 lbs. Never expected that! I've lost more weight than what I currently weigh. That is just CRAZY to me. I've gone from a BMI of 42.0 to a BMI of 20.8, pant size of 22 to a size 2 (yes a TWO!) and 2x/3x shirts to a small. I went back to college full-time and just recently went back to work ...
  2. Becoming more and more angry when I think about the last support group meeting I attended!

Can't stop thinking about my local support group meeting I attended last week. I go to these meetings regularly and there are a bunch of regulars. I always get such positive feedback from you wonderful people and I just want to be able to advocate for the sleeve and inspire others who are just starting the process. I've made wonderful friends through these meetings that makes the experience invaluable. However, at this last meeting a couple of regulars really turned me off. These are people who ...
  3. 9 Month Surgiversary and flying high!

Tomorrow I will celebrate 9 months since this sleeve became a bless-id part of me. Oh how my life has changed since I began this journey nearly a year ago.

So what's changed you ask?

Weight - 260 a year ago, 230 day of surgery and today 132!!!!
    BMI - 42 a year ago, today 21.3
    Pants - 22 then, now 3/4 and some 2s
    Shirts - 2x/3x, now SMALL
    Shoes - 9 1/2 - 10, now 8 1/2 - 9
    Many, many inches gone (along with my butt )
    I love ...
  4. 8 Month Surgiversary tomorrow.... Update and Pics :)

Link to my earlier post, I just want it available in my blogs Thanks

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/a...-and-pics.html
  5. Anyone have success with their insurance covering skin removal?

Since I am just about at goal, with a BMI of 21.9.... I am starting to think about getting my stomach skin removed and possibly a breast lift (slight reduction if necessary for coverage). I was wondering how many of you have had your insurance pay for either or both of these procedures? What did you have to do for the insurance to approve? How long did it take before you could have surgery? I have lost 124lbs in the last 9 months, I feel great with clothes on, but much less attractive with them ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast