Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

marilynlw

1. Marilyn's weight loss journey, installment 6 !

Well it is 3 weeks post op and it has been an adventure learning to eat and drunk again. My doctor is one who advocates transitioning back to real food at a fairly rapid clip. I spent 2 nights in the hospital instead of just one. That was more do to the time my surgery was completed than any health issues on my part. He doesn't like to discharge until they have be observed at least 24 hours after surgery and it would have been late on Tuesday. When he told me he wanted me to stay until Wednesday ...
  2. Marilyn's weight loss journey, installment 5 New beginnings!

This process getting sleeved had been a long and complicated ordeal. I went to the first informational meeting almost 3 years ago and was all excited to get my weight under control. Before I could get an appointment I had to get a referral from my PCP and authorization from my insurance company. After 2 months I finally realized that it would not be cover even though I had a BMI greater than 65. They just wouldn't cover any WLSs period. My hopes were shot down.

In June this year ...
  3. Marilyn's weight loss journey, installment 4

I am in a happy place. Feeling at peace and secure in my future. I have had so many unhappy days and years in my past that I really can appreciate how good life really is today. I may not be rich in worldly things but I have so much to be thankful for. My home is modest but I have a calming view of the ocean. I only have one child but God blessed me with most wonderful daughter. We truly love and adore each other and she is my best friend. I have only on grandchild a 14 year old boy but believe ...
  4. Marilyn's weight loss journey, installment 3

We were a happy family of 3 and Tom took to the role of fatherhood really well. Only one little bump and that was my daughter was used to sleeping with me. A habit I soon regretted. Tom at about 500 lbs, me at about 300 lbs plus my daughter just didn't fit real well in a full size bed. It took a little while but she got used to sleeping by herself as long as I stayed with her until she went to sleep. As for Tom and me our first purchase was a king size bed. Now the only thing I will say about ...
  5. Marilyn's weight loss journey. instalment 2

Due to my very low self esteem I didn't love myself and didn't think I deserved to be loved and had some very bad relationships with men. I dated one in particular I remember who thought the world revolved around him and it was my job to make him happy, and being that I was fat I should be glad to do anything he asked just to be with him. So one day as I cooked his dinner and he was watching TV my daughter who was 4 at the time crawled onto his lap and asked. "Daddy will you read me this book". ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast