Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TheNewKevin

1. Approved !!

This is pretty wild, I just got the call that I was approved. Asked by who, the hospital? as yesterday I heard the hospital had not yet approved my case. That was mis-information, insurance has approved me and the hospital offered me dates starting 9/19! I told them I'd call back Monday to get a later date.

You guys are the only ones that know I even applied. Guess its time to tell my wife ... maybe.
  2. Time to follow the rules ...

Since I'm hopefully getting close to scheduling a surgery (clinic is confirming insurance), time to follow the rules from the psychologist. The final rule was "Do not use alcohol, tobacco, and street drugs for at least 6 months prior to and after surgery."

I'm guessing my psychologist isn't a fan of Meat Loaf's theory "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad"
  3. Getting closer ...

I'm now waiting for insurance verification. Fingers crossed!
  4. Alcohol

Hi everyone –

I did a lot of my pre-op clearance stuff yesterday. The one thing that threw me was the nut saying that I would be at the legal limit for alcohol with one drink post-op. The alcohol would enter the blood stream faster; and the BAC fall faster than before. I’m not a biology guy, but the math doesn’t add up for me. It seems that the absorption would be proportional to the size of the stomach soaking things up; and, the recovery would be related to the amount of alcohol ...
  5. How's your head?

And it's been a while
    Since I could say that I wasn't addicted
    And it's been a while
    Since I could say I loved myself as well

Staind / It's Been Awhile
    How’s your head after the sleeve (short term and long term struggles)? I know a lot of surgeons require a psych evaluation. What do they want to hear or not hear? Do they have a reason for their concern? Has anyone found it difficult to discontinue being compulsive (e.g., must finish ...