Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dackn8tr

1. 1 year Surgery-versary!! :)

Somehow it’s been a whole year since my surgery and let me tell you, one year can make SOO much difference in the ordinary life!! I’ve lost a total of 117lbs since I started with the local bariatric center on November 3, 2011, 76 lbs since the morning of my surgery a year ago today, & I couldn’t be happier with my sleeve!! I’ve regained my self esteem, my energy and have discovered how much I enjoy life again! I can go out in public and eat without the stares, or at least without the “why is ...
  2. Pressure to stop losing

Has anyone else gotten close to their goal and started hearing from their family and friends that they needed to stop losing? Scratch that, I passed my original goal back before Christmas and have added on another 25 pounds to lose just for good measure but now i'm wondering if that was the right decision ... i hate it when i let people get in my head this way!! I'm 9 1/2 months out of surgery, down 115 pounds from my start with the Bariatric program November 2011 and am starting to catch comments ...
  3. Another goal met!

When i started my 6 month program with the Bariatric center they had me write down my goals for this process. I've acheived a lot of them already (start exercising, give up pop, stop eating out etc) but the one i'm the most proud of is to "be healthier by my 40th birthday" and today's that day Since i made that goal the day before my b-day last year i've lost 95 pounds, went from a BMI of 45 to a BMI of 28.6, from "Morbidly Obese" to "Overweight" and have so much ...
  4. The Best NSV yet ...

I hear a lot of compliments on the way I look at this point (95 pounds lost since I started the bariatric program last November is pretty noticeable) and I love every one of them, but the most special and unexpected one came last night. We took our daughter and a couple friends out to dinner for her birthday, one of her friends had been to the house a couple times but I hadn’t seen her since I started this journey. Pam (our daughter) had told her about my surgery so they were both excited for ...
  5. What a difference a year makes!!!

Well, it's been a hell of a year - some good, some bad but all in all the best of my life so far and i wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!! Since October 2011 I've had 4 steroid injections and a "nerve burn" in my low back to relieve some of my pain, i went through a 6 month insurance mandated program with the local Bariatric Center, lost my grandmother (dad's mom) and grandfather (mom's side) and had to have a very scary biopsy performed. I thought my world was crashing down on me for 3 days ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	337822_2109892951576_1813922716_o.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	492.8 KB 
ID:	7210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	551855_3263893280863_1369428366_n.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	7211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG000037.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	7212  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast